FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Pro 13 can't import mp3s

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angelo Mike
Vegas Pro 13 can't import mp3s
on Jun 30, 2015 at 3:59:57 am

Wow. What gives? This is the first time I can remember this happening. From the import window I can't see mp3s, and when I open the folder from Windows and drag an mp3 to the timeline it plays like a violin screeching underwater.

The only change I can think of recently to my computer is I updated Adobe (I only use the flash player and pdf files), and I upgraded to the latest update of Vegas.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
Re: Vegas Pro 13 can't import mp3s
on Jun 30, 2015 at 4:29:03 am

Does this happen with any mp3? try rendering a .veg file to mp3 and import that. If it still does it, I would uninstall and reinstall Vegas. I have no problem importing mp3s.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Jun 30, 2015 at 5:03:29 am

It happens with all mp3s. I couldn't even render to mp3. I uninstalled Vegas, deleted all the codecs and registry files (at least, for Vegas 13-I still have 10 and 11 installed, though I never use them), and reinstalled it. Still have the same problem.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Jun 30, 2015 at 5:14:17 am

Got it working through doing what amounts to nonsense. I went into the Program Files and cut and paste the mp3 codec dll file to my desktop, then copied and paste the Vegas 11 mp3 dll into the Vegas 13 folder. Vegas wouldn't even open, it would get an error. But when I deleted the 11 mp3 codec from the 13 file and put the 13 mp3 dll file back into that folder, it now works.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 30, 2015 at 3:46:20 pm

Just a thought. Are these dll files installed on an SSD? A while back, I was pretty sure that an SSD was having problems with a file that was updated every day. I renamed the file to leave it in place, and then copied in a fresh version of the file. That fixed the problem. Some (all?) SSDs have a limit on the number of writes that can be done. I have since replaced that SSD with a new one.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:53:25 pm

No, it's a platter hard drive.

I wonder if it's partly because my PC is getting old. It was built in 2011 and I'm finally getting a black screen on startup before I get to the desktop for about 15 seconds, which I've learned is an indication that Windows 7 needs to be reinstalled.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:18:28 pm
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:19:04 pm

What are your specs? Something like Speccy can help to determine this, if you do not know. You can share the speccy file via dropbox. There might be driver, bios, crapware, or other stuff that needs to be cleaned up.

I would try the following:

Apply all windows updates. reboot

Uninstall all old software or trails you are not using.

Malware bytes Scan and cleanup. reboot and rescan if anything is found.

CCleaner - cleaner, reg clean, disable any startups you do not need.

Windows Disk Sweeper - enable the "clean Windows System Files" clear all the windows update restore files. Reboot and check for Windows Updates, reboot after any updates.

Disable your built in sound card in BIOS, if you are using an external device.

Now verify that you have the latest Video drivers, motherboard INF, USB drivers, Sound Device drivers, and Firewire drivers for your system. Reboot after any driver updates.

If Vegas still does not work, try the reset Vegas to default key hold down trick.

Slow boot times and long black screens, could be driver related, some element of hardware initialization failure, or a device that is intermittently failing. Pulling hardware from the machine, and disabling integrated components can ferret out these devices. Do this on a trial and error routine, one device at a time.

Return to posts index

Angelo Mike
on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:58:05 pm

Vegas works now. But I may have to clean up a bunch of stuff on my PC, anyways. The tedium of doing all those steps one by one, though, is almost worse than just getting another job and buying a new computer. But I may try it.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jul 1, 2015 at 2:52:45 pm

It is tough and frustrating choice, but, for speed and reliability, there is not much that can beat a complete reinstall of Windows. One thing I do to make this easier is to build a step by step log of everything that is installed, and what the sequence is. Also, notes on any special settings in applications. It makes the whole process much simpler and more trouble free. One thing I try to do is to put as little as possible on C:. Then, it far easier to reinstall because C: is almost exclusively Windows, and I can let Windows do what it likes to do which is to format C: for the install.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]