FORUMS: list search recent posts

Track motion not showing up in preview window

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Hughes
Track motion not showing up in preview window
on Jun 28, 2015 at 9:25:55 pm

Hi, I have a problem in a newer version of Sony Vegas I have recently started using.

When I open up track motion to move an object around, it wont show up in the preview window.

For example, if I place some text in a video track above a video I have recorded, in previous versions if I open up track motion and move the text around, in the preview window it will show where I'm moving it to. However in this version I'm using now it wont, so it makes it pretty much impossible for me to use as I can't see where I'm putting anything.

Also, in the track motion window, if I click on a time on the timelime, it wont show that point. EG: If I click at 00:05, it will show the very first frame rather than the frame five seconds in.

Does anyone know of a way for me to fix this? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Track motion not showing up in preview window
on Jun 29, 2015 at 2:33:00 am

What version of SVP are you using? Describing it as a "newer version" does not tell us very much.

I do see a probable explanation for the failure to position itself to your current cursor. In the lower left corner of the track motion window, there is an icon with what looks like an "I" and a little lock. Click on that icon so that it is selected. That will keep the track motion cursor locked to the time line cursor.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 29, 2015 at 11:48:09 am

Very ancient version of Vegas use to show the path in Track Motion. Is that want you are referring to? Newer versions (since 3D Track Motion was introduced) don't do this anymore.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Esteban Vargas
on Dec 16, 2015 at 9:59:01 am

I have the same problem. I'm using vegas pro 13. i've seen tutorials and when the person is in the track motion window and they move the timeline slider to add a new positions, then move, rotate, scale the object, it all shows in real time in the preview screen. but when i try it it doesn't happen, i can create new positions and manipulate the object, but to see what i've done i have to close the track motion windows and hit play in the preview screen. this is incredibly inpractical and it's making things exponentially longer since i have to animate some 10 objects all in different tracks. any thoughts?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]