FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video FX not showing on the final product

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samantha Jordan
Video FX not showing on the final product
on Jun 28, 2015 at 7:55:57 pm

Hi :)

I am fairly new to Sony Vegas Pro 13, and I have recently encountered a problem.

After rendering my video, I played it back and the FX don't show at all.

When I view the video on the Sony Vegas program, the FX does show, but not on the final product.

I would really appreciate it if you would provide your support. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Video FX not showing on the final product
on Jun 28, 2015 at 8:15:11 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Jun 29, 2015 at 3:03:55 am

The only way I can think this has happened is that just prior to Rendering you'd inadvertently BYPASSED the FX.

Odd...

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 29, 2015 at 2:22:57 am

What FX did you use, and how did you view the results of the render?

Return to posts index

Samantha Jordan
on Jun 29, 2015 at 3:07:09 am

I used the Darker, more Contrast FX, and I viewed it through Windows Media Player.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 29, 2015 at 4:10:31 am

[Samantha Jordan] "I used the Darker, more Contrast FX, and I viewed it through Windows Media Player."
OK, as a Test, apply the SONY Pixelate "Large" preset and see if that gets applied. Do a short selection, say a 5 second sample, shouldn't take you too long to do. Do you see the Pixelate effect?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Samantha Jordan
on Jun 29, 2015 at 10:35:48 pm

Hmm... that's weird. I do see the Pixelate effect, but not the one I had previously.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:41:58 am

[Samantha Jordan] " I do see the Pixelate effect, but not the one I had previously."
If you can see the results of the Pixelate FX then this is GOOD news. This indicates that the registry of all your FXs are running smoothly. You could try another FX just to be assured - yeah?

Now, onto the possible solution for your changed Contrast and "Levels" not apparent or showing, or appear to be not showing. This is a well worn road.

Here's a good COW Thread to read, with some great samples from Plamen Petrov to demonstrate POSSIBLY what you're getting - or rather - not getting: Plamen Petrov - Weird Exporting/Playback Issues - Look At The Snapshots!

Toodles

Grazie

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 29, 2015 at 4:09:02 pm

OK, you used the Sony Brightness and Contrast FX with a Darker, more Contrast Preset. That is certainly visible on my system although Media Player is a bit darker than Vegas.

What file name and format did you render to, and what directory is that file in? How did you get Media Player to access and play the file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]