FORUMS: list search recent posts

iZotope Vocal Eraser in Vegas Pro 13?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean McNally
iZotope Vocal Eraser in Vegas Pro 13?
on Jun 27, 2015 at 6:11:20 am

I used to use Movie Studio PE 11 for quite some time. It came with this incredible plugin called iZotope Vocal Eraser. Moving to a new computer, I've now got Vegas Pro 13 running.

I found a download link for the plugin at this thread (http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/Forums/ShowMessage.asp?Forum=3&MessageID=861041), but I'm not sure how to implement it into Vegas Pro 13. I've still got the old codes from PE, so that's not an issue, I just don't know how to make vegas recognize vocal eraser, if that's possible at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: iZotope Vocal Eraser in Vegas Pro 13?
on Jun 27, 2015 at 6:56:08 am

[Sean McNally] " I just don't know how to make vegas recognize vocal eraser"
I don't know the s/w, but if it is a VST Plug then you'd need to rescan for it in the folder it resides.

HTHs?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Sean McNally
on Jun 27, 2015 at 7:17:42 am

It must not be, tried it and it didn't work.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 27, 2015 at 11:47:31 am

[Sean McNally] "It must not be, tried it and it didn't work."
Had you done what I asked you to do? Locate WHERE the VST (Program) resides? It could still be a VST, but you aren't rescanning the correct folder. I've had this with some iZotope subsets of VSTs "Steinberg" for Alloy2 and Ozone.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 27, 2015 at 1:32:38 pm

Is it a 32 bit plug-in? If so, it probably won't work in SVP 13 which is a 64 bit application.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 27, 2015 at 2:41:06 pm

The other possibility is that iZotope has restricted it's use to just Movie Studio. This, unfortunately, is a very common practice. Cakewalk does this with a lot of their plug-ins as well. So it may not work with Vegas Pro "by design".

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 27, 2015 at 4:23:11 pm

Yeah, I think you've nailed it John:

https://www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/481-izotope-vocal-eraser-tool...

Grazie

Return to posts index

Sean McNally
on Jun 27, 2015 at 5:06:48 pm
Last Edited By Sean McNally on Jun 27, 2015 at 5:07:19 pm

[Graham Bernard] "Locate WHERE the VST (Program) resides? It could still be a VST, but you aren't rescanning the correct folder."

I actually hadn't done this, but copied the files to a seperate VST folder. Tried setting it to C:\Program Files(x86)\iZotope, C:\Program Files(x86)\iZotope\SonyVocalEraser, C:\Program Files(x86)\iZotope\SonyVocalEraser\win32 and no dice.

[Bob Peterson] "Is it a 32 bit plug-in? If so, it probably won't work in SVP 13 which is a 64 bit application."

Taking a look at the names of the folders it installs itself to, this is probably true.

[John Rofrano] "The other possibility is that iZotope has restricted it's use to just Movie Studio."

Yeah, that's probably also true. I guess for the time being I'll just install PE 11 for when I have to use this plugin. Thank you all!

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jun 28, 2015 at 4:20:15 am

I use 32bit AUDIO plug ins all the time in Vegas 13. Haven't really had any issues as long as you point to the proper VST folder. In fact, I think ALL of my audio plug ins (non Sony) are 32bit. Not one has a folder under anything other than Programs (x86) folder.

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]