FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 12/13 Won't load effects when open a project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zykant Turunen
Sony Vegas 12/13 Won't load effects when open a project
on Jun 25, 2015 at 3:24:54 pm

Hi guys, im new here and i hope you can help me.

I have this problem with Sony Vegas, I open it normally, I add 1 video clip then I add some effect like Color Correction, then I save my project and when i try o open the project (veg file) Sony vegas got stuck loading in some precent, let's say 22%, nothing happens and I have to finish the task because I can't close the program either.

I did some tests with different effects apply in Vegas Pro 12 and Vegas Pro 13 but it's the same thing, If I start working with a bunch of clips WITHOUT using any effects everything goes fine, I save my Project and open back again like charm, BUT If I add any effect on any clip of my Project and then i sabe it, it's over, i can't open my Project anymore because got stuck in some procentage of loading.

Thank you very much at advance.

=)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Sony Vegas 12/13 Won't load effects when open a project
on Jun 26, 2015 at 4:20:38 am

Well , something is definitely hosing your VP 12 or 13. You need to look at your Media and determine their CODECS - and yes, I get it that you CAN open the non-FX Project, but maybe 12 and 13 fail when loading FXs onto this Media - which apparently, is exactly what is happening.

So:

A] what's the Media?

B] Does your Project Settings reflect the same Media?

C] Where did you get this media from? Screen Capture? Or Camera?

D] Are you using large format Graphics?

E] Do you have GPU acceleration turned on?

F] How much space have got for Vegas to play with?

Please understand this - there are many people using this platform to get work done. You've discovered one "set" of circumstances where it don't!

So:

1] Media

2] Project Settings

3] GPU accel.

4] GPU Card drivers

5] System Hard Drive space

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Zykant Turunen
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:00:43 am

Wow, thank you for your reply you are very specific :)

Here is what I have

A] Any media, i tried with some AVIm MPG, and MP4 files but its the same thing

B] Kind of, my media is in 1080p 29fps and I set up my project to 720p 29fps

C] I have 2 types of video, 1 comes from my Sony Xperia Z3 cellphone and the second one comes from a Sony Cybershot DSC H70, Both devices make MP4 files.

D] Im not sure if I understand this question, sorry.

E] Yes, I looked up under Preferences - Video, and yes I have enabled my graphic card

F] I have plenty of space, Im using a SSD for my system and I have 30gb free, I have a second drive HDD with 270gb free where I make a special folder called "Vegas Temp" and I change the vegas TEMP folder to this location.

And Im using the latest drivers from my graphics card and the latest version of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack

My Systems Specs are:
Win7 Ultimate x64, 16gb, Core i7 920 2.67 Ghz, 2GB nVidia GeForce GTX 770 Titan, 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB HDD 7200rpm
Cameras: Sony Cybershot DSC H70, Sony Xperia Z3 (Cellphone)

I'm glad to recibe yout help.

Return to posts index

Zykant Turunen
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:42:08 am

Ok I think I solve it with your help

I disabled GPU acceleration and now it's working!! I can open my veg files with effects for the first time.

But i'm wondering... if the option is there and tecnically using my gpu would be faster why isn't working?

It's some compatibility issue with graphics drivers and vegas effects?

Thank you very much Graham Bernard.

I will keep playing with vegas and if something else come up, now i know where i'm gonna find the answer!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:51:38 am

[Zykant Turunen] "But i'm wondering... if the option is there and tecnically using my gpu would be faster why isn't working?

It's some compatibility issue with graphics drivers and vegas effects?"
It would only be faster for a myriad of other issues - read hereabouts and then weep . . . Unchecking your GPU has thrown all your possible issues directly back to the CPU. Having GPU forces at least CPU processing into the GPU acceleration. Unchchecking takes this amount away from the CPU too. End result, better working, but not for the reasons we'd think! If you want to utilize the GPU then read more and make your own decisions. I still think that you are asking muchly of your PC to deal with stuff that it is only working at some percentage, that improving your CODEC and through put would be advanced more.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Zykant Turunen
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:58:44 am

Allright sr. understod and noted,

I'm still learning all about this and i'm glad there is people like you that answer our silly questions hehehe

You bet i'm gonna read more, improve my codecs and set up my Project in order to vegas "like it".

Thank you very much for your help.

=)

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 26, 2015 at 6:28:28 am

[Zykant Turunen] "... that answer our silly questions"
The only "silly" questions are those that aren't asked.

Cheers

Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 26, 2015 at 5:42:20 am

Well, my first thoughts are:

A] MP4 is only an Envelop that will require a specific CODEC to read what is inside. Please determine what is inside your MP4 and your AVI using the freebie "MediaInfo" - we all use it - and get back here with what you've found out. The 2 SONY devices produce output that we have to determine - Q&A - that they are fit for purpose first.

B] You've install the K-Lite CODEC Pack, this spells pain . . . . .

C] Uncheck your GPU Acceleration.

D] Why haven't you MATCHED your Project to your Media? I do.

So, to recap: Codecs . . Codecs . . .Codecs . .and then there is Matching Project to Media.

Personally? - I'd start over and build up the Q&A side of things till Vegas was "happy" with your footage. In other words, you appear to be forcing Vegas to deal with stuff it don't like - yet!

Grazie

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:36:47 pm

You should NEVER install a codec pack including the K-Lite which has been mentioned several times on this forum. You SHOULD uninstall the codec pack, and reinstall Vegas. Codec packs overwrite the codecs supplied by Sony, and will cause many mysterious problems with Vegas.

Return to posts index

Zykant Turunen
on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:47:16 pm

Thank you very much for your recomendation BUT, in order of things I installed first K-Lite Codec Pack like 2 weeks ago and I installed Vegas around 5 days ago so I think Sony overwrite the codecs that needs.

Have a good day

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 26, 2015 at 3:59:17 pm

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]