FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Blue EFX Open CL?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Leigh
New Blue EFX Open CL?
on Jun 22, 2015 at 2:34:09 pm

Good Morning
I just installed a new AMD R9 280. Love it! Dramatic increase in render time and smooth fps on time line playback. I have some footage that was poorly shot with auto exposure on the camera adjusting off a light in the bottom right corner of the frame. This dimmed the entire frame except where the light is. The New Blue Efx "Spotlight" does a beautiful job of fixing this problem. The New Blue I have came with Vegas Pro 12. It crushes my timeline playback back down to about 8 fps.
Question.
Does a newer new blue package have better open CL support?
Can I get a newer version of New Blue by upgrading to Vegas 13?
(I never upgraded because 12 works great for me and I use a firewire HDR-FX1 camera)
Is there a way to just upgrade New Blue?
Thank You
Brad

i7 2600 3.4 Ghz 16 Gig Ram , Win 7 Pro, AMD R280, Vegas Pro 12

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: New Blue EFX Open CL?
on Jun 22, 2015 at 5:07:11 pm

NewBlue does not use the OpenCL GPU interface. They use OpenGL GPU API.
Make sure the NewBlue plug-in has GPU support turned on.

As for questions about NewBlue upgrades, current version and such, I suggest you contact NewBlue support. They know better than anyone here.

Return to posts index

Brad Leigh
on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:38:06 pm

Thank You Norman.
My question was more about the versions included in Vegas.
My version is 1.3127. I just upgraded from 1.20080.
This came with vegas. My question was more about the vegas version.
I didn't see the gpu option until I just downloaded a newer version.

So my question is Does Vegas Pro 13 come with a newer version of New Blue Titler ?If so does it have better performance?
I have more questions but I will post those in the New Blue section.
Thanks
Brad

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jun 23, 2015 at 2:26:57 am

Vegas 13 does not come with NewBlue Titler Pro.

Titler Pro is always using GPU. There is no option.

The other starter pack effects included with Titler Pro have an option to use GPU or not. You find that option in the "about" button in the Video Event Effects window/pane/tab. Where the effect controls are.

It should be defaulting to use GPU, but I thought I would have you check to make sure.

Also, one thing to remember. Some effects are just slow to compute. I have no experience with the NewBlue effect you mention. I do have experience with a lot of others.

Return to posts index

Brad Leigh
on Jun 23, 2015 at 6:53:41 am

Please excuse my mis wording.
I should not had said "Titler" I was incorrectly viewing it as a package.
And my question remains to others since Vegas Pro 13 lists New Blue EFX, and spotlight is an EFX which may or may not be included in Pro 13. I'm curious as to the version if it is included.

For anyone else that may experience this problem.
Vegas 12 Pro came with New Blue Efx Starter version 120810
This version seriously slowed down my computer. It does not have the ability to turn on and of GPU.
I upgraded ("Check for New Version") and got version 131217
This version increased my timeline playback from 8fps to 18fps I was able to back to a full 29.97 by switching to Preview Best Half which is good enough for my purposes. This version also has the ability to turn on and off gpu.
Thank You
Brad

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jun 23, 2015 at 5:10:18 pm

[Brad Leigh] "And my question remains to others since Vegas Pro 13 lists New Blue EFX, and spotlight is an EFX which may or may not be included in Pro 13. I'm curious as to the version if it is included."

Vegas 13 comes with Video Essentials 6. That package does not include Spotlight. The Spotlight you have is a part of the starter pack that comes with Titler Pro 1 that you got bundled with Vegas 12.

Video Essentials 6, in Vegas 13 bundle, is no longer sold by NewBlue. They recently reorganized their product line. The filters in VE 6 still exist but are included in different product bundles.

Return to posts index

Brad Leigh
on Jun 23, 2015 at 9:06:11 pm

Thank You Norman!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]