FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas - Horizontal Lines on Whole Video, Not Just Motion

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Landon Hatch
Sony Vegas - Horizontal Lines on Whole Video, Not Just Motion
on Jun 21, 2015 at 9:56:55 am

Hi there, I've been trying to find a solution to this problem, but everything I find dealing with "horizontal lines" on videos always has to do with deinterlacing, and I don't think that's the case here.

This is an image of my video being played in Windows Media Player: http://i.imgur.com/HGjQvYQ.png

And this is an image of the video now in Vegas: http://i.imgur.com/rXZohS0.png

Notice the little map in the bottom right, or the "Lap" text at the top? Those never move. They're completely fine in the original video, but putting it into Vegas makes it appear as if every other "pixel" has been shifted to the side a bit.

Also, this happens before even rendering, the second image shown is in the preview in Vegas. I will note that this is what it looks like when set to "Best (Full)," whereas setting it to "Preview (Auto)" makes it appear normal.

Here's a screencap of my project settings/properties: http://i.imgur.com/XUd7i6R.png

I've messed around with the deinterlace settings and have had no luck, so I'm not convinced that that is the issue.

If anyone knows how I can fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. If this wasn't enough information I apologize, just tell me what you need to know and I'll do my best to get you the info.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Sony Vegas - Horizontal Lines on Whole Video, Not Just Motion
on Jun 21, 2015 at 10:01:10 pm

Since you are showing us a view of two completely different places in the video, it is very difficult to see what it is that is different between Windows Media Player and Vegas. What is the significance of a slight shift of a pixel or so in the video? Is anyone going to notice this "shift" as they view your video? Perhaps viewing the preview as Best/Full will resolve your questions.

Return to posts index

Landon Hatch
on Jun 21, 2015 at 10:38:38 pm

The two images I linked were in different places, yes, but if you look at the elements in the video that are constant, like the map, and the text such as "Lap," you can notice the difference. It's not a single pixel that is being shifted, it is every other row of pixels. It makes straight lines, such as the one in the map, appear jagged and wavy. Viewing the preview in Best/Full shows this problem still. Rendering the video shows that it comes out in the final product, as well.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 22, 2015 at 5:17:23 am

Landon,

Right off the bat, I can see from your project properties that full rendering is set to Good. It should ALWAYS be set to best for final render. Since animation is a bit like text, perhaps that will solve your problem. In any case, you should also provide a screenshot of your source file information using Mediainfo. Right now, no one has a clue what that might be. The more info you provide, the more likely you will find a solution to your problem.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]