FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video and audio track problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Bennett
Video and audio track problem
on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:24:02 pm

Help! I've been using Movie studio for years but suddenly a basic problem. When I try and trim a video clip on the timeline the audio clip does not trim with it. It always did in the past. I am using version 13. What have I done wrong? Help please.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Video and audio track problem
on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:52:25 pm

It sounds like you have ungrouped the video and audio tracks. These are normally grouped together so that they can be operated on together. In SVP, you simply click on, for example, the event in the video track to select that video event. Then shift-click or ctrl-click on the audio track so that both tracks are selected. Now, right-click on either track, select Group, then left-click on Create-New. That should fix it.

Return to posts index

Alex Bennett
on Jun 19, 2015 at 6:51:02 pm

Thanks for your reply. That only worked for the one clip. I then did select all and made that a group. The new problem here is that I can trim any clip plus its audio, but then it won't ripple back to fill the gap. I have auto ripple on but that doesn't seem to work in the circumstances as all the clips are in a group and move as a group, gaps and all. I don't remember ever having this problem with earlier versions of Movie Studio. I must be doing something wrong but I can't see what.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 19, 2015 at 7:01:13 pm

That is right when you group all events together. In Preferences -> Editing, have you unchecked the box for "Cut, copy, and delete grouped events"?

Return to posts index

Alex Bennett
on Jun 19, 2015 at 7:05:38 pm

I think that I have solved the problem, but I don't know why. I deleted all the clips and put them in again and they work together as they should! What I did differently in putting in the clips i have no idea. Sorry to have bothered you with this

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]