FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 12 MP4 importing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hermes
Vegas 12 MP4 importing
on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:07:01 am
Last Edited By John Hermes on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:10:08 am

I have Vegas 12 Pro and a JVC GY-HM600 camera. With the camera set to the 1920x1080i MP4 mode, I can download all my shot files into a folder on my computer hard drive at the same time fine. However, when attempting to import the media into Vegas by selecting all the shots from the folder, I cannot do it. The files are all highlighted in the Open Media window but after pressing the "open" button, only the last file is shown, not all of them. I can import this fine, but end up doing each file one at a time. Is there a way to import all the files at once?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Vegas 12 MP4 importing
on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:37:58 am

I have a JVC HM-750 and the process is the same. You need to copy the entire contents of the card (the BPAV folder) to your hard drive. After that, use Device Explorer to browse to that folder to extract everything.

Return to posts index

John Hermes
on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:54:58 am
Last Edited By John Hermes on Jun 17, 2015 at 1:56:43 am

Okay, I pulled the BPAV and clips from my card into a folder on my hard drive. I navigated to this folder using Device Explorer. When I click on the CLPR folder and see my clips, it does not allow me to select more than one. Even if I select only one the "OK" button in the window is not activated. If I try to drag the clip into the media bin of Vegas it states "None of the files dropped on Vegas Pro could be opened".

John Hermes
San Diego, CA

Return to posts index

John Hermes
on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:08:00 am
Last Edited By John Hermes on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:15:07 am

Thanks, Mike. I fooled around with it some more and figured it out. I was doing a couple things wrong. I appreciate your help.

John Hermes
San Diego, CA

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:37:57 am

You're welcome John. I found Device Explorer to be a bit unintuitive the first few times I tried it so kudos for sticking with it and figuring it out.

Return to posts index

Dean McDermott
on Feb 7, 2017 at 12:34:14 am

Hello,

I have a sd card created by a JVC HM-850 camera. the files are all mov. Any idea how to import them into SVP 12? I do have quicktime 7.7.9 on the computer.

Also, how do I import MP files? I see each a clip folder and I see each clip stored in its own folder. I can go into each folder and import one by one. But I would like to import all the clips in bulk.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Hermes
on Feb 7, 2017 at 6:42:41 am

I haven't done this in a while but here are from my notes:

1. Copy the entire contents of the card (the BPAV folder) to your hard drive
2. From "View" in Vegas, open Device Explorer. Right click "No Device Selected" and use "browse" to navigate to the capture clips folder on the hard drive.
4. Click on "capture clips" and clips from the BPAV folder will be visible.
5. Choose the clips desired and drag to the media window in Vegas.

I hope this helps.

John Hermes
San Diego, CA

Return to posts index

John Hermes
on Feb 7, 2017 at 6:45:53 am

I haven't done this in a while but here are from my notes:

1. Copy the entire contents of the card (the BPAV folder) to your hard drive
2. From "View" in Vegas, open Device Explorer.
3. Right click "No Device Selected" and use "browse" to navigate to the capture clips folder on the hard drive.
4. Click on "capture clips" and clips from the BPAV folder will be visible.
5. Choose the clips desired and drag to the media window in Vegas.

I hope this helps.

John Hermes
San Diego, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]