FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you render multicam edit screen?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Waitrovich
Can you render multicam edit screen?
on Jun 16, 2015 at 1:35:54 pm

I have a multicam project I am editing and the footage I was given has very problematic coverage of the action. I have the multicam edit set up and can see that important parts of the audio have NO video coverage and others that have very poor "takes" to cut to.

I would like to render an edit with the master audio and show the three cameras in a split screen like the multicam edit window in Vegas so I can show the producer what the problems are. I'm working remotely so I can't just have him come and look at Vegas with me.

Can this be done?

Thanks much!

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC
http://www.mediaplusyou.com

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
Re: Can you render multicam edit screen?
on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:23:45 pm

It's not optimal, but could you pan/crop the footage to be side by side and display at the same time and render it that way?. If you want you could edit thee project settings to have a larger horizontal resolution so you don't have black bars.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:25:49 pm

You can do what you want to do, but not in the way you are thinking.

Save As a new version of your project. Then separate the video tracks from the multi-cam mode. Then use the track motion utility to create the multi-cam view. Now render that time line to the view you want. You can also use a blank top track, and apply the Timecode plugin, as this will allow your client to accurately tell you where to make changes. Timecode is also a good way to watermark your video as a draft and not final work.

Once you have an EDL from the client, you can apply the changes to the master project.

That's how I would do it.
Aaron

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Jun 18, 2015 at 12:23:19 pm

Mary, this is probably something to consider in future. I use Vasst's Ultimate S Pro for all my multicam editing work and doing what you suggest is a cinch in Quadcam: you just don't create the master track (or mute it if you have done so) and just do a normal render. Whatever appears in the preview window will appear in the render. Simple. True WYSIWYG.

The multicam editing capability of Ultimate S Pro is much better thought out than the freebie that comes with Vegas, and adjusting takes is as simple as moving a marker. You have track and event level control when it comes to applying FX or grading your footage.

I have probably edited a couple hundred projects using Ultimate S Pro since Vegas 9. It's a must have tool if you do lots of multicam work such as concerts and stage performances. Ultimate S Pro also has a few other included plugins for photo montage work, lower thirds and a few other goodies. John Rofrano is the developer behind all this magic and is an active contributor to this forum.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Mary Waitrovich
on Jun 22, 2015 at 1:31:11 pm

Thanks Nigel,
I used to have an Ultimate SPro license a long time ago and I discovered it doesn't work with Vegas 12, my current version. I was going to buy it again as it sounds really useful, but when I went to the Vaast website I encountered a number of problems that are making me hesitate before purchasing. Promotions link states 30% off all software titles with coupon code BLK30, but when I put that in the cart, it doesn't register. They have an email link on the contact page for sales issues, but when I click the link, it just returns a browswer error. Given the state of the website, I'm reluctant to proceed for a $169 program. Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks,

Mary Waitrovich
Media Plus You, LCC
http://www.mediaplusyou.com

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Jun 23, 2015 at 11:05:45 am

[Mary Waitrovich] "I used to have an Ultimate SPro license a long time ago and I discovered it doesn't work with Vegas 12, my current version"

I am using it with 13, and have had no issues. Did you purchase Ultimate S Pro 4.1, and are you using the latest release?

Hopefully John Rofrano sees this post and assist. He's the developer of the tool and an active contributor. I will post the URL he sent me, and have also emailed him to see if he can assist you by drawing his attention to this post.

http://store.vasst.com/portals/0/software/uspro4/ultimates4download.zip

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jul 5, 2015 at 1:43:57 pm

[Nigel O'Neill] "Hopefully John Rofrano sees this post and assist. He's the developer of the tool and an active contributor. "
Thanks! FYI I helped Mary off-line. She just needed to update her installer from our Download page.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]