FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Render Settings for...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tanner Pond
Best Render Settings for...
on Jun 15, 2015 at 2:21:26 am
Last Edited By Tanner Pond on Jun 15, 2015 at 2:43:59 am

So I've been recording using Mirillis Action. Smooth recording when playing, no FPS dips compared to some when I use Fraps. So the problem is when I render the video. I render at 1280x720 60 FPS same as file made when recorded, so the quality isn't compressed because of change in resolution or FPS.

I render in main concept or .mp4, same as above, 1280x720 60 FPS.

My problem is the output. I render using variable bit rate at a maximum of 28,000,000 bps and an average of 24,000,000, but the quality is still pixelated when I view the rendered video even though that's already a high enconding bitrate. Do I need to increase the bit rate even further to maximize quality? I'm trying to keep file sizes down so uploading to YouTube doesn't take any longer than 30 minute to an hour.

YouTube recommends around 5 mbps for 720p but I'm having to increase it to 28 to get good quality, but it's still not good enough.

Sample video (Mind the audio, it's just a commentary that I made):

It may just be me freaking out because I'm always trying to improve the quality of my videos, but it seems as if I can't get the best I know I can.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Best Render Settings for...
on Jun 15, 2015 at 11:39:25 am

Are you using the Two-pass setting? You will get the best quality when using two-pass. Also understand that 24Mbps video at 60p is the same quality as 12Mbps video at 30p. So if you want better quality, reduce your fps to 30 or increase your average bit rate to 48Mbps.

Here is the Two-pass setting. It will take twice as long to render but it will give you better quality:

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Tanner Pond
on Jun 15, 2015 at 12:57:30 pm

Oh, I did not know that about 60 and 30 FPS and yes o forgot to to mention I do have two pass enabled.

I'm not about to change to 30 FPS, as using 60 all this time makes 30 look like o can barely play games on my PC, just seems choppy.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jun 15, 2015 at 3:11:01 pm

Have you thought about looking into ShadowPlay for recording? I believe AMD has a version of this as well integrated into their newer cards.

Also YouTube accepts XDCAM and XAVC, so you could try rendering to those codecs, and uploading directly to YouTube. You will need at least 10mbs upload to make that workable.

Plus there is this recent announcement from YouTube:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/hands-on-with-youtube-gaming-google-b...

Return to posts index

Tanner Pond
on Jun 15, 2015 at 3:16:09 pm

I don't know why I'd change the program I use to record if the one I use now works fine. Thanks for the reply though.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jun 15, 2015 at 5:33:05 pm

Is your quality problem in the file rendered from Vegas or in the Youtube result. If your Vegas render is fine but the Youtube result is not as you would like then you are really out of luck. There is nothing you can do about the Youtube re-encode of what you upload.

You can upload a "perfect" video and their result will only be as good as their encoding settings are capable of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]