FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boris FX 'Launch Text Window' no longer working.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seb Smith
Boris FX 'Launch Text Window' no longer working.
on Jun 13, 2015 at 11:00:45 pm

Clicking the 'launch text window' now does nothing, the window does not open at all.

I've never had any issue with this function before, but now the button does nothing. I'm currently running Sony Vegas 12 and Boris FX version 9.0.2, and Windows 7 Home Premium fully updated.

Does anybody have any experience with solving this issue?

I have tried deleting my Boris FX and Sony Vegas folder in my Appdata folder as per this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/15/864580 , however it has not helped. I have reinstalled Sony Vegas and Boris FX to no avail.

I've seen multiple issues like this when googling posted very recently.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Boris FX 'Launch Text Window' no longer working.
on Jun 14, 2015 at 3:31:07 am

Double check and make sure your Wirewall protection or Antivirus etc
is not blocking Sony Vegas or Boris FX from accessing a network or
blocking them for any reason!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Seb Smith
on Jun 14, 2015 at 8:50:08 am

There's no issue with firewall connectivity, and after excluding the Vegas process in my antivirus it still hasn't helped.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Jun 14, 2015 at 5:23:40 pm

You will probably need to contact Boris support for this answer. Boris uses a common text edit component between all their applications. Have you recently removed a Boris application that may have had problems with the uninstall. It could be that the registry thinks it is installed already and why reinstalling is not forcing it back in place. If it were me, I would try uninstalling again and then use regedit to remove any Boris related entries and also clear off the file system of Boris directories and then try reinstalling again. That is what the Boris support may step you through, but they would have the knowledge about which entries to remove. Beware that you should have a backup, since corrupting the registry will prevent your system from booting up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]