FORUMS: list search recent posts

Diagnostic of possible bottleneck, very slow rendering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge Talamantes
Diagnostic of possible bottleneck, very slow rendering
on Jun 7, 2015 at 12:35:33 am

Hi, I am editing a 720 60p video of about 5 minutes in Sony Vegas 13 the footage nitrate is 24mbps and the render is 5.8 Mbps I have 2 video layers and 2 audio layers, very little effects and it takes 75min. to render the video.

The codec is MP4 h264

I tried Gpu cuda acceleration and it takes 60 min. With my quarto k600
I tried Gpu opencl acceleration and also takes like an hour on my quad ati Radeon 5970

Cup usage about 40% and 50%
Ram usage 50%
GPU usage is 30% on the quadro k600 and 7~8% on ati 5970
My specs are:
I7 920 @ 4 ghz (water cooled)
6 gab of 1333 MHz ddr3 ram
256 gb SSD
1.2 TB raid 0

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
Re: Diagnostic of possible bottleneck, very slow rendering
on Jun 7, 2015 at 12:41:55 pm

Jorge

Try DISABLING all video card acceleration and then render. I don't bother with GPU acceleration and I get a 1:1 render time (on average) on my system. Vegas definitely benefits more with a fast CPU. The GPU acceleration is a waste of time. Sony didn't/hasn't implemented it well at all.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 7, 2015 at 10:44:00 pm

There have been many comments on the forum that the Kepler (i.e. K600) is not well supported for renders in Vegas. Similarly, there have been many comments about inconsistent support for gpu processing. Thus, the comment that you would be much better off by rendering without gpu support, and rely solely on the cpu.

Return to posts index

Jorge Talamantes
on Jun 8, 2015 at 6:11:58 am

i tried disabling all gpu acceleration and my render time was 40 min. approx.
also i noticed that when the video renders a part that is green screen my cpu usage is only 50% and when is other kind of footage (not green screen) it goes up to 100%, im using the chroma key plugin that is built in sony vegas could be that the issue?

Return to posts index

Jorge Talamantes
on Jun 16, 2015 at 4:48:04 am

after checking everithing i found out it was a pluging named neat video, i was using verison 2.6 and when for the site to get an update downloaded version 3.5 and that was it. now it takes about 10 mins to render the video using 4 phisical cores and all video cards in the performance options from the plugin...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]