FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render as AAC in Sony Vegas Pro 12?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Sullivan
Render as AAC in Sony Vegas Pro 12?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 6:03:08 pm

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a highly compatible video that will play back on a variety of devices, including iPad and Windows machines, natively, without having to install additional apps/codecs/etc.

Running various tests and reading around, I think what I want is an MP4 container with h264 avc video stream and ac3 surround sound audio.

It's my understanding though, that, in order to make the video play back on various devices, such as iPads, I'll also need to include an AAC audio stream. (Must the AAC be stereo AND the default track as I've read? If so, that's ... unfortunate.)

Complicating matters, in my tests I've also found I vastly prefer the main concept VBR AVC renderer over the Sony CBR one.

So, that leads me to a few questions/challenges in Song Vegas Pro 12. But mainly:

I can't find a way to render AAC outside of the Sony AVC/AAC renderer.

I'm completely comfortable muxing the component streams myself after the fact. But I'd really prefer not having to render a Sony mp4 first, demuxing the AAC out of it, and then remuxing that back into another, separate AVC render.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Render as AAC in Sony Vegas Pro 12?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 8:32:17 pm

Unless you have not installed DVD Architect, you should have an AC3 only render option. In my version of SVP 12, it is called Dolby Digital AC-3 Pro. I also have a studio version, but I always use the Pro option. I think DVD Architect is included in the purchase price of SVP, so you should have access to it. Once you install DVDA, you will see the Dolby render option.

Return to posts index

Jeff Sullivan
on Jun 1, 2015 at 10:30:12 pm

I do have the AC3 only render option. And like you, I use the Pro version instead of the Studio version.

What I'm missing is an AAC only render option ... in order to be iPad compatible.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on Jun 1, 2015 at 10:56:14 pm

Sorry, but I didn't notice your switch from ac3 to aac, and I'm not into Apple. I'm afraid I can't help.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jun 2, 2015 at 1:40:42 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Jun 2, 2015 at 1:42:02 am

I can't find a way to render AAC outside of the Sony AVC/AAC renderer.

Very simple. Select any Sony AVC template. Then customize. On the video tab, simply "uncheck" the Include Video box. Then go to the audio tab to customize however you want. Then save as a Preset and you can now render out AAC audio any time you want.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Jun 2, 2015 at 1:58:41 am

Mainconcept AVC renders AAC for audio and you can render the audio only if that is what you want. It will still be in an MP4 file. Sony AVC can also do audio only renders.

Return to posts index

Jeff Sullivan
on Jun 2, 2015 at 10:46:43 am

Wow. Uncheck a box. So simple I missed it. Will give that a try soon. Not as ideal as a raw AAC stream - I'll need to get creative with my muxing scripts - but it is certainly workable.

Does anyone know the answer to the more detailed part of the original question?

Namely: In order to support iPad and other iOS devices, must the AAC stream be the first audio track in the container AND must it be stereo only?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jun 2, 2015 at 12:16:24 pm

[Jeff Sullivan] "Namely: In order to support iPad and other iOS devices, must the AAC stream be the first audio track in the container AND must it be stereo only?"
In looking at the Apple Device settings in Compressor 4.2 it looks like Stereo is the only choice although there is a checkbox to "Include Dolby 5.1 Audio Track". I'm not sure what that does as all iOS devices are stereo.

Are you saying the simply rendering with MainConcept AVC/AAC with the Apple iPad/iPhone 4 720p30 Video templates doesn't work on an iOS device? I've never had any problems. That's the whole purpose of those templates.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]