FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which recorded files tend to render faster? Fraps or Mirillis Action?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tanner Pond
Which recorded files tend to render faster? Fraps or Mirillis Action?
on May 31, 2015 at 1:07:03 am

Alright, so the question I'm wanting to know is if Sony Vegas Pro 13 renders files recorded by Fraps faster or files recorded from Mirillis Action faster, and by how much. I like using Mirillis Action because of the small file size and still excellent quality, but I'm having troubles getting the program to open. The loader screen pops up, but just gets stuck there. I've tried reinstalling, deleting all files before reinstalling and deleting registry entries, still with no fix.

But I also like Fraps because its quality and ability to record any game I run at 60 FPS with barely any FPS dips. And of course the files are huge which is why I'm wanting to figure out if Sony Vegas renders files that were recorded with Mirillis is faster than rendering files created by Fraps. If the file size doesn't change the amount of time it takes, I might change back to Fraps. I've got 1 TB of space so space isn't an obstacle.

Of course GPU comes into factor, but I've got only one PC so is be rendering on the same GPU. But I have the option to rendering using CPU chosen because my CPU is newer and more powerful.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Which recorded files tend to render faster? Fraps or Mirillis Action?
on May 31, 2015 at 1:40:40 am

The input file format rarely matters. It is generally the encoded destination format (AVC, mpeg-2, DNxHD, etc), and the specific encoding options for said encoder, that determines encoding speed.

Return to posts index

Tanner Pond
on May 31, 2015 at 2:18:34 am

Ok, thanks.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 31, 2015 at 2:12:35 pm

If both formats play back at full frame rate when the preview is on Best Full then it doesn't matter which one you use. If one of them doesn't play back and full frame rate and the other does, the one that plays back at frame rate when the preview is set to Best Full will render faster.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]