FORUMS: list search recent posts

A way to group audio and videos of a bunch of clips ?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothée Ferreol
A way to group audio and videos of a bunch of clips ?
on May 28, 2015 at 1:38:58 am
Last Edited By Timothée Ferreol on May 28, 2015 at 1:41:36 am

Hey, I would like to find a way to group audio and video imediately together for multiple clips.
To make it simple I want to make all these clips to be individually synced to their respetive audio on the track below in one or 3 clicks :

The result would be that each video clip I click on would highlight the audio too (highlight it in blue ).
I know I can do that individually for each of them, but I am a lazy guy and we all know is editing is about automating little tasks ;)

Thank you community :)

PS: I don't want them to be all grouped together :P

If you want to check out my work =) : https://vimeo.com/timof

Return to posts index

David Eon
Re: A way to group audio and videos of a bunch of clips ?
on May 28, 2015 at 2:32:45 pm

Your audio should already be grouped to the video. One reason it would not be grouped is the "Ignore Event Grouping" button that would cause them to select individually. You can check in the Options dropdown, or hit Ctrl+Shift+U. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on May 28, 2015 at 11:29:11 pm

David, my audio is not grouped because it comes from an external audio recorder, that I resynced using PluralEyes

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on May 28, 2015 at 5:38:51 pm

Try clicking on the left most of the events on the track. Then shift click on the right most event. That will select all of the events (or clips) between the two endpoints. Since you tell us that Vegas is selecting both audio and video when the click on a single item, it will also select both video and audio for the multiple events clicked on as I have described. You can do this selection across several adjacent tracks simply by clicking on the top left corner and the bottom right corner. You can also add or drop items to/from the group by control clicking an event. Once selected, you can, for example, drag the whole group at one time. Just remember that you have not made this selection a permanent group, so if you click on any single event to select it, the entire grouping will be gone.

Return to posts index

Timothée Ferreol
on May 28, 2015 at 11:32:14 pm
Last Edited By Timothée Ferreol on May 29, 2015 at 1:58:44 pm

Thank you for the answer :)

But I have a hard time understanding what you want me to do ^^ ?
Are you sure that using that method the clips won't be grouped all together ? (thus if I delete/move one of them it won't affect the others ?)

Return to posts index

David Eon
on May 29, 2015 at 1:14:39 am

OK. I see. I don't know of a way to automatically group all the clips to the respective audio clip at once, but you can select multiple tracks using Vegasaurs select events tab. In that way you can select both tracks with one button, then group them. You could also use the selection tool and drag across both events and hit Group (G). It's not automatic, but it would be faster and easier than shift clicking the clips 2 at a time. I hope that helps. Let me know. Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on May 29, 2015 at 2:35:48 pm

I guess I have not yet understood your question. Yes, if you select multiple events, they will all move together, and they can all be deleted simultaneously. They are a temporary grouping which will disappear as soon as you select another event. That was my interpretation of your question.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Jun 25, 2015 at 9:59:10 am

Vegasaur's 1-Click command Make Groups does what you want

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]