FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie: Creating a video with clips that have different frame rates.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sid Adin
Newbie: Creating a video with clips that have different frame rates.
on May 27, 2015 at 5:35:54 pm

Hi all, new here.

Stuck and hoping somebody can help, Is there a way to create a single file from clips that have different framerates whilst retaining their original quality, if that makes sense.

i would like to create a video that compares the quality of the various settings my camera records in, 720p 60 fps and 1080p 30 fps, is there a way for the final rendered video to show the qualities in their original formats and if so how do i do this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Newbie: Creating a video with clips that have different frame rates.
on May 28, 2015 at 1:50:18 am

Vegas will automatically conform your sources to your desired output size and frame rate. Using mixed sources is not a problem. So the real question is what is you desired output result? 720p30, 720p60 1080p30, 1080p60 or something else?

A conversion between 30p<->60p is pretty ideal and with resampling disabled you will not get any ghosting. Going from 30p to 60p will just duplicate frames in the 30p source. 60p to 30p will drop every other frame in the 60p source.

When changing frame size just make sure your final render quality is set to Best so Vegas will use its highest quality interpolation (resize) algorithm. Using either a 1080 or 720 output, with mixed 1080/720 source should be fine.

Return to posts index

Sid Adin
on May 28, 2015 at 11:55:28 am

Thanks Norman, very helpful, So if i want to output in 1080 60p as my video will comprise of 1080 30p and 720 60p, as long as i disable resampling and set render quality to best all original file qualities will be maintained?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on May 28, 2015 at 5:15:37 pm

Yes, 1080p60 output would be the choice to preserve the resolution of the 1080 source and the frame rate of the 720 source.

The big question is how is this video going to be viewed. 60p does not work so well, if at all, on internet delivery like Youtube/Vimeo. DVD and Blu-ray do not support it. Plugging a flash drive with the video into a TV may not work at 1080p60. 30p yes but I doubt the 60p. This leaves PC computer playback only.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]