FORUMS: list search recent posts

File did not save properly

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mac McGinnis
File did not save properly
on May 26, 2015 at 9:42:42 pm

Spent several hours today working on a project. Hit save from time to time. Closed the file and when I reopened it said it didn't close properly. Requested to pull up last auto saved. Everything is lost. What happened?

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: File did not save properly
on May 27, 2015 at 12:58:29 pm
Last Edited By Bob Peterson on May 27, 2015 at 1:00:03 pm

Was the file saved on an external drive that was shut down before the computer was shut down? In that case, you probably did not use the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" function in Windows. Windows sometimes defers writing data to devices, and files can be corrupted or lost if power is removed before all of the data is written to the device. This function is performed for all powered up devices as part of the Windows shut down process. I am always careful to run the "Safely Remove" function before turning off or disconnecting external hard drives, flash drives, etc.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 27, 2015 at 1:04:38 pm

Look for the backup veg file. It should be in the same folder as your veg file. It has a .bak extension (i.e. filename.veg.bak) on it. COpy this to a new location, delete the .bak portion and try to reopen it. If that works, save it immediately under a new name. Good luck.

Return to posts index

Mac McGinnis
on May 31, 2015 at 7:23:26 pm

Thanks Mike. After I made my initial post I did a little searching on here and found the solution. As you stated, I renamed the bak file and that worked! Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jun 1, 2015 at 2:43:52 pm

Mac, I'm glad to hear that you got it working. Happy editing!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]