FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Playback Miniature Jerky Frames

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie King
Timeline Playback Miniature Jerky Frames
on May 26, 2015 at 2:37:41 am

Hi Everyone:

I am having a very strange experience with the Updated version of Vegas 12. Now in some portion of the film, I am seeing a jerky type robotic freeze frame; very short and subtle. I never experienced anything like this before. My other issues seem elementary to this one. Has this ever happen to anyone? At first I thought it was just in the render, but it's actually on the timeline.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Timeline Playback Miniature Jerky Frames
on May 26, 2015 at 2:50:30 am

What are your Project Settings?

What CODEC being used in the Media?

What BUILD of Vegas 12?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 26, 2015 at 3:11:25 pm
Last Edited By Debbie King on May 26, 2015 at 3:15:15 pm

Hi Grazie:

Thank you.

My Project settings are:

Template: HD 1080 - 24p (. 1920x1080, 23,976 (fps)
Progressive
Pixel aspect 1,000
Frame rate 23,976 (IVTC)
Pixel Format 8 bit
Resolution quality - Best
Adjust source media to match is selected

Please tell me if this is correct for Codec. I was attempting to render DNxHD using AvidCodecLE setup. All worked fine until I had black frame issues and some flickering. When I reinstalled Vegas, I allowed for the newer version to download, because I have the disk. I still had the Avid installed and maybe I should have unstalled it before reinstalling Vegas. Ever since this installation, I have been having jumpy, robotic type motions that I first recognized in the render. But when I playback from the timeline, I see the same delays, jumpy and robotic motions. I reinstalled Vegas again without the updates, but this time with no Avid installed. I played another file of the film that I saved a few months ago and no jerks, jumps or delays, but when I go back to the one that was rendered with Avid, I get the freezes. I want to reinstall Avid so that I can position the film for distribution, but I'm afraid that it may be corrupting my files.

Hopefully my files are not corrupt and that there is another reason for how it's playing back.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on May 26, 2015 at 3:33:05 pm

I did encounter something very much like this some time ago. The fix was;

On the events this is occurring on, right click and choose switches > reduce interlace flicker. Also change smart resample to force resample on the same menu

which came from Sony support. In my case, the changes successfully eliminated the flicker.

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 26, 2015 at 10:43:57 pm

Hi Bob:

Thank you so much. It worked. My discovery is that some other places have the same flickering. Can I just do the same on the whole project? Also, do you think it's safe to reinstall the Avid since it was not a corrupt file that caused this?

Best,

Debbi

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on May 27, 2015 at 12:23:39 pm

Debbie,

Glad it worked. Since the instructions are to apply this technique at the event level, it is not clear to me how you can do it at the project level. You could select all of the events, and apply it to all of the events at the same time. I have always applied the technique to video that came from a particular camera rather than applying it to all cameras.

I see no reason that you cannot reinstall Avid. As you said, the source file was not corrupted.

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 28, 2015 at 5:56:14 am

Thank you Bob:

I was able to render a decent file this time, and I reinstalled Avid. All is well.

All the best,

Debbie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]