FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interpolate, Blend or None? - Gaming Videos

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Layer
Interpolate, Blend or None? - Gaming Videos
on May 24, 2015 at 6:44:55 pm

Hello Everyone,
I use Sony Vegas Platinum 12 to edit my gaming videos for youtube.
I record and render in 720p 60fps using SONY AVC mp4 format @ a bit rate of 20,000,000.

From what I have seen based upon other youtubers settings, I have noticed that some change the fields in their property settings, for instance AntVenom uses None, while another video Ive seen using interpolate, while I am using blend fields.

So basically, what are these fields, and is one better than the other for my main use of gaming videos?

Thanks as always,
-Ken

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Interpolate, Blend or None? - Gaming Videos
on May 25, 2015 at 12:26:18 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on May 25, 2015 at 12:28:08 am

So long as you're recording progressive video, which I presume you are, it really doesn't matter. It is of importance only if your source is interlaced and you are rendering to a progressive format. In that case, you need to choose which de-interlacing algorithm Vegas uses--either blend fields or interpolate fields.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Ken Layer
on May 25, 2015 at 12:41:25 am

Okay, thanks for the response. I ended up rendering all 3 types out and didn't notice anything different. But I am glad I learned a little bit more about and when they should be used.

Thanks for the help!
-Ken

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on May 25, 2015 at 12:54:23 am

So long as your source is progressive, Vegas ignores this setting, so your three renders should be identical. Glad to be of help.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]