FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering in the Render

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie King
Flickering in the Render
on May 22, 2015 at 2:53:11 am

Hi Everyone:

I have been experiencing flickering, more like blinking on some media when I do a full render. Then when I test it on a select media and I loop a select render, there is no flickering. Would "reduce interlace flickering" help? I'm not sure what it means. I deselected resample as well

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Flickering in the Render
on May 22, 2015 at 4:08:46 am

Interlace flicker was common back in the day, and you used to see it alot on non progressive TV sets went you paused a DVD or Laserdisc. Solid color areas of sky or graphics would flicker light and dark as the scan lines painted different alternating lines. This may or may not be your problem.

I would make sure to sure to use the match media button in the project settings, and chose a clip from your soruce media. Then inside the "render as" dialog, check the "=" box and choose one of the formats that are allowed.

See if that works better.

If that does not help, type out an example of your work flow like this:

Canon Vexia > .mts > Vegas > Convert .MTS to XDCAM-EX > Vegas Edit XDCAM-EX > Render as XDCAM-EX > Upload to YouTube.

This might help me and other better understand conversion issues that may arise.

Also posting some "Media Info" feedback on your source footage could help. "Media info" is utility that gives you detailed info on your audio/video files.

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 23, 2015 at 3:33:22 am

Thank you so much Aaron.

I will try this if it should happen again. I'm rendering currently and am hoping all is rendered well.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 23, 2015 at 11:30:30 am

Are you using the MainConcept MPEG2 Render template? And are you applying to the whole, pre-rendered Project?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 23, 2015 at 11:47:37 am

Hi Everyone:

Thank you for your replies.

Yes Grazie, same prerendered settings are used. I just made a discovery of what may be the cause. I am using 2 Newblue plugins where the flickering is happening. Should I reset Vegas or reinstall newblue to test the outcome?

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 23, 2015 at 9:29:19 pm

Try rendering with another format, AVI, MP4 just to see. I've had flickering in MPEG4.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 24, 2015 at 11:41:35 pm

Hi Grazie:

The DNxHD format is required for distribution. I ended up restalling both Vegas (new version of 12) and NewBlue. There's no flickering, well not so far. I am rerendering now. What I experienced in my last render was freezing of the frame after rendering. When I go back to play that frame again, it played fine, then another frame would freeze. I am trying this once more and if it happens again, I am going back to my devious version of Vegas 12 with updates.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 25, 2015 at 4:30:18 am

Debbie, loved your typo: "Going back to my devious version of Vegas"

OK, I'm sure you've got your reasons to choose a particular Template. My suggestion was to choose another JUST to see if this issue was the render Template. If it was, then pre-render to a/that successful Template and then choose the one you want. I was suggesting this so could possibly nail the culprit in your work flow.

I've had very similar issues with the MainConcept MPEG2 renders: frame reversals; black frames; field reversals within the SAME frame - a mess. What I did was to pre-render to Lagarith and then render to MainConcept MPEG2. I did this to produce a DVD for a cliet, who needed it for an annual conference, only to learn that the staffer in charge of the IT chose the MP4 instead. Why? I asked. 'Cos her laptop didn't have a DVD player - AAARGH... Clients, gotta luv 'em.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on May 25, 2015 at 6:01:49 am

Even if DNxHD is required for distribution, you may have a better experience editing in Vegas with media converted to XDCAM-EX, or 422, as these are highly optimized in Vegas compared to DNxHD. If you have very high bitrate media, you have XAVC and HDCAM-SR-Lite which are both comparable to high bitrate DNxHD/Prores. Then you can just render a DNxHD file for distribution. Editing DNxHD in Vegas means dealing QuickTime issues, playback issues, and less real-time effect abilities.

Clearly if you need to deliver in DNxHD, AVID maybe your best choice for editing.

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 26, 2015 at 12:23:41 am
Last Edited By Debbie King on May 26, 2015 at 12:35:46 am

Hi Grazie and Aaron:

Thank you so much. Grazie, I love the typo too. So appropriate for how I am feeling right now. Can't understand it. I first experienced the black frame and was able to remove it, but this new version of Sony is creating short robotic freeze frames.

I am trying to follow your suggestion.

Grazie are you saying that prerendering may change the memory? That's the only way I can explain it. The freeze frames are all in the same places. This is new. I'll try prerendering. Thank you.

Aaron I'm not sure if I'm clear about the editing in DNxHD. I am currently rendering in DNxHD. I'm unclear about going from XDCAM to DNxHD. QuickTime allows me to see the render. I'm not sure if I can playback an MXF file to see how it looks. Would I need a special software to play back an MXF file?

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 26, 2015 at 3:47:39 am

If you have GPU turned ON, turn it OFF.

Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]