FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing higher resolution to fit a DVD

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Lewis
changing higher resolution to fit a DVD
on May 21, 2015 at 9:46:39 pm

i shot my footage in 1920x1080 and loaded the files from the camera to vegas 13 and it's beautiful on a blu-Ray disc. the project is 1hr:40min. My problem is I need to deliver this to some customers on standard DVD. Can i re-render in a lower resolution parts at a time that will fit on multiple dvd's? In other words take the first 45 min~, re-render it on the timeline then burn it to s dvd and just move down the line. I re-rendered with dvd architect and it looked like watching through a screen door. As you can tell I don't understand all I know about this. I'm new to Vegas but i'm learning new capabilities everyday. I'm under the gun to get these projects out so i need a solution to this for future projects as well. thanks for any help. You guys have saved me in the past

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: changing higher resolution to fit a DVD
on May 21, 2015 at 9:54:07 pm

[Mike Lewis] "I re-rendered with dvd architect and it looked like watching through a screen door."

To quote John Rofrano from a recent thread on the same issue:

DVD only has 1/6th the information as HD. It pales in comparison. At 720x480 it's barely 1/3 megapixel! 345,600. Compare that to 1920x1080 which is 2,073,600 over 2 megapixel and it's pretty obvious why it isn't as sharp (i.e., 0.3 MP vs 2.1 MP) As Mike said, HD has 6x the information of SD.

You can add a Sharpen FX on the Master Video bus if you want to sharpen it a bit but you just don't have enough pixels to show the details you're seeing on the timeline in Vegas.

Return to posts index

Mike Lewis
on May 22, 2015 at 4:12:12 pm

do you guys know how or if it is possible to mark an area on the timeline and just burn that to a dvd. If i could burn half at a time and just use 2 dvd's this would solve my problem for now, My last software had an option....burn between markers,,is there a way in Vegas 14?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 22, 2015 at 4:19:56 pm

[Mike Lewis] "do you guys know how or if it is possible to mark an area on the timeline and just burn that to a dvd."

Place a marker at the halfway point and highlight the desired portion. When you go to render, make sure you have Render loop region only selected.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on May 22, 2015 at 5:28:18 am

Try rendering your final to xdcam 1080p, frame rate should match your project, then use DVDA to work the down sample would maybe be the easiest. Make sure final render setting in "project settings" is set to full.

Otherwise try and render to an MPEG2 profile - DVD Architect Widescreen progressive. You will need to render a separate wav or AC3 file for sound, and import that into DVDA. Since your 1080p is 16x9, you want to make sure to create your DVD as a widescreen, or 16x9. DVD was normally a 4x3 square ratio, and 1080p may clip the sides if it is not created right. The dvd player will auto scale 16x9 content if it is encoded right. That means letterboxed on a 4x3 TV or full screen at 480P resolution on an HD TV.

DVD is a smaller resolution, but when played back in the demo player inside DVDA, or the disc, the image should be clear and sharp when sized to the native 1:1 resolution. There is a quality playback setting in the DVDA demo player. Make sure this is set to the highest setting.

Return to posts index

Mike Lewis
on May 22, 2015 at 11:45:26 pm

thanks a lot you guys. I'm going to give it a try...ill let you know how it goes....thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]