FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broken text keyframing in Vegas 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dino Vasquez
Broken text keyframing in Vegas 13
on May 20, 2015 at 11:47:43 pm

I am using Vegas 13 in Win 7. When using generated media and the default Sony Titles & Text, I can't edit keyframes for my text.

Let me better explain.

I press the clock button in the text window to animate. I can move the cursor to a point in the timeline and change the text, placing a keyframe automatically; however, I can't delete / cut / copy that keyframe, nor change it's interpolation method (linear, smooth, fast, etc.).

Right clicking on a keyframe brings up the context menu; however, all options are greyed out.

This can't be normal, can it? I am able to edit keyframes elsewhere in Vegas.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
Re: Broken text keyframing in Vegas 13
on May 21, 2015 at 3:33:57 am

The keyframes for the text itself do not support the usual keyframe options like Interpolation. What would that mean for the text anyway. Unfortunately the ability to delete/copy etc had also been disabled for keyframes of the text.

The other fields in Titles and Text should keyframe as you expect.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 21, 2015 at 5:04:59 am

Nothing is broken, animating keyframes is simply not functional there.
Also that's why the options are greyed out.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on May 21, 2015 at 9:56:29 am

I suppose it's a bug...
I was able to delete/copy text keyframes: click on the keyframe but do not release the mouse button. Now press Del or Ctrl+X

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on May 21, 2015 at 8:59:36 pm

[Aleksey Tarasov] "I suppose it's a bug..."

Agreed. The delete/copy options should be enabled and the other items disabled since they have no meaning.

[Aleksey Tarasov] "I was able to delete/copy text keyframes: click on the keyframe but do not release the mouse button. Now press Del or Ctrl+X"

Nice detective work. One interesting thing is that if we have more than one "text" keyframe they can both be selected and then the delete/copy items are enabled. Just cannot do that with a single keyframe, which is a bug IMO.

Return to posts index

Harry McClurg
on Feb 24, 2016 at 4:37:37 pm

I've just started using Sony Vegas and this issue has been extremely frustrating especially when you create a keyframe in error and then need to delete it.

Thanks for the solution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]