FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maintaining OBS recorded filesize with Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Reid
Maintaining OBS recorded filesize with Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum
on May 20, 2015 at 6:04:03 pm

TLDR: My OBS recorded file of 350Mb is increasing to 2.19 Gb after I render it in SMS12 and loses quality. Anyway of changing SMS12 to maintain the quality and size of the original video?

Hello, I am attempting to create a video to put up on Youtube and have run into a slight problem. I recently switched from using Fraps to using OBS to record my footage and on my most recent recording I set it to record a 25 minute video at 1080p 30 fps. To my surprise the file size was only 350 Mb. The video was itself quite dark which will help explain why it is so small but still the size was very appetizing especially considering the quality of the video was exceptionally good.

Before I put it on Youtube I want to add a title card to it, increase the gamma slightly and turn down the audio a touch. So I loaded up SMS12 edited the file and set it to render using Main Concept like I normally do. To my surprised the file size ballooned to 2.19Gb, not only that but the video quality actually decreased. If I had a good internet conenction uploading that would not be a problem but as it is a 2 Gb file takes me 6 or 7 hours to upload so I would rather not do that if I can avoid it, especially if the raw file was only 350Mb

After searching around I thought I might be using the wrong template for the job so I used the Sony AVC/MVC template and changed the settings to match. The results were almost the same with a drop down to 2Gb and similar quality to the first rendered video.

Both SMS12 and OBS are using x264 to encode the video but what I don't understand is why the size is increasing and the quality dropping on my render. Is there a particular template or setting in SMS12 I should be using to better maintain the quality of my video?

My OBS settings are x264, max bitrate 16,000 kb/s Buffer Size 0(kbit) (for variable bitrate in recording) AAC codec

SMS12 Settings max bitrate 16,000 kb/s average bitrate 12,000 main concept AVC/AAC

There are a lot of settings to list off so if anyone needs some more specific ones please just ask and I shall put them up here :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]