FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video is darker on Mac/Iphone but okay on PC

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Helander
Video is darker on Mac/Iphone but okay on PC
on May 20, 2015 at 12:01:58 pm

Hello! Im editing a film in Sony Vegas Pro 11. I'm gonna both upload it on Youtube and screen it on a Mac later.

First of all we exported the film and added it on Youtube. But it was really dark there. I know this problem have happend to a lot of people. So we did add "Computer RGB to Studio RGB" to get a brighter image.

And it worked but it was a bit to bright on my PC screen but on my brothers it was perfect.

Although it is still very dark on Mac/Iphone after doing Computer RGB - Studio RGB.

Right now it feels like everyone who watch the film will have a diffrent experience depending on what monitor your looking at.

Is there anyway to fix this? I want the brightness to be the same on any monitor.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Video is darker on Mac/Iphone but okay on PC
on May 20, 2015 at 11:38:33 pm

I'm sure we would all like this. It would make life a LOT simpler. However, the reality is that there is no single standard for how things ought to be in the video world. True replication of a single "look" would require the calibration of each device to a single standard. However, manufacturers usually skew the settings on their device so that their device looks better than everyone else's device. Some will push brightness, others will push saturation, and so, and so on. The best that I think you can do is to select a target device, and make your video look as good as you can on that device. Be aware, that other devices will most likely have a very different "look", and it is simply not possible in a world without a standard to make all devices look the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]