FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame navigation in Sony Vegas 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Nanko
Frame navigation in Sony Vegas 13
on May 17, 2015 at 12:09:01 pm

Hi,

this might be a silly beginners question, but is there a GLOBAL way to do frame navigation using keyboard shortcuts in Sony Vegas?

Right now I have to click into the frame transportation before cursor keys are moving me forward/backward one frame - in the event pan crop window for example, this is a real hassle when doing single frame manipulation, so I assume I am missing a shortcut?

Example: event pan/crop window, I want to edit a mask, move forward one frame, edit the mask, move forward one frame etc. It would be handy if I could simply hit a "one frame forward key", edit the mask, and hit the same key again without having to click into the transportation area.

Hope this makes sense ;)

Thanks and best regards,
Ron

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Frame navigation in Sony Vegas 13
on May 17, 2015 at 8:32:47 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on May 17, 2015 at 8:36:27 pm

I don't know of any way to do this within Vegas. I've also had this problem so here are a couple of very simple scripts I've written that will enable you to do this.

//Move Cursor Right by 1 Frame
import Sony.Vegas;
var addFrames : int
addFrames=1;
Vegas.Transport.CursorPosition = Vegas.Transport.CursorPosition + Timecode.FromFrames(addFrames);

//Move Cursor Left by 1 Frame
import Sony.Vegas;
var addFrames : int
addFrames=1;
Vegas.Transport.CursorPosition = Vegas.Transport.CursorPosition - Timecode.FromFrames(addFrames);

To use these in Vegas, you need to do the following:

1. Open Notepad. Copy each script and Paste into Notepad. Save each file with a .js extension, not a .txt extension. The file names I used are "MoveCursorLeft 1 frame.js" and "MovecursorRight 1 Frame.js", although you can save them to any name you choose.
2. Copy these two files into the following directory: "C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\Script Menu"
3. Open Vegas. If Vegas is already open, you will need to Rescan the Script Menu by selecting "Tools, Scripting, Rescan Script Menu Folder.
4. Under Options, Select Customize Keyboard. Once the window opens, select the Global Tab. Then scroll down until you find the two scripts that were created. In turn select the script and add whatever shortcut keys you like. I would suggest using Alt-Left Arrow for moving one frame left and Alt-Right Arrow for moving one frame right. In this way, you would use the same shortcut keys that Vegas uses in TrackView and Trimmer mode. In fact, you will see the other two shortcuts in the box.

That's it. I've tried it in the pan-crop window and it seems to work OK. You don't have to move the cursor or click on the Transport Area. One interesting thing is that once you've run the script inside the pan/crop window, you can then simply use the right and left arrow keys to move one frame. I have no idea why this happens. In any case, hope this works for you. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]