Rendering .MOV Double Vision when Objects moving

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie King
Rendering .MOV Double Vision when Objects moving
on May 17, 2015 at 4:48:34 am
Last Edited By Debbie King on May 17, 2015 at 4:49:22 am

Hi Everyone:

I have been experiencing this for a while and never addressed this before, but now I actually need to submit in .mov for distribution, I thought I'd see if anyone else had experience this.

When I render in .mov, I always end up with a file that show double when objects move. In other words, when a person stands and walk, it looks like he's walking in slow motion, but he's not. It's almost like double vision while in movement, and when the object stops moving it's clean again. Has anyone experience this? If so, any help would be greatly appreciated if you were able to troubleshoot it.

Many thanks!

Best,

Debbie

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Rendering .MOV Double Vision when Objects moving
on May 17, 2015 at 6:28:44 am

Can you upload a short sample to GDrive or Dropbox, so we can see what you are getting?

Can you give us some idea of your workflow? Like camera to output file? What codecs and project format are you trying to render to .mov?

What .MOV codec are you required to deliver in?

It sounds a like an interlace issue, but hard to say with out seeing it. Maybe make sure your project is set to progressive and your render output to progressive as well.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 17, 2015 at 7:36:47 am

As in Stan Freberg's parody of Dragnet : "Give us the facts Ma'am. Just the facts."

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

john bolton
on May 17, 2015 at 7:57:41 am

Do a right mouse on the media on the timeline and select Properties. Then select Disable resample and then do a render. See if that cures it...

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 17, 2015 at 2:01:56 pm

It sounds like your project and source and render properties have a different frame rate between them and you are getting "frame blending" which produces this ghost image. As John said, Disable Resample in the properties of the events to avoid this.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on May 17, 2015 at 10:00:21 am

Make sure your render fps is equal to the source fps...

Return to posts index

Debbie King
on May 18, 2015 at 4:13:34 pm

Hi Everyone:

Thank you so much!

This time around, since I am rendering DNxHD, the .mov is better when I render progressive; not so good when I select upper and lower field. My discovery is that the upper field renders a really nice quality picture. Much better than progressive. I have something rendering currently, in progressive. When it's finished, I would like to try upper field again with the resample deselected.

Many thanks,

Debbie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]