FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 13 installed effects are not displayed

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus Petri
Sony Vegas 13 installed effects are not displayed
on May 15, 2015 at 7:24:43 am

Hello

When I download my effects and those with the "Sony Preset Manager 1.0" install be installed effects in Vegas does not appear to me.
What am I doing wrong? I have followed every step most exactly!

- First, I close Sony Vegas
- Then I open "Sony Preset Manager 1.0" and add there a the effect Packet.
- Following I make a double click on the effect folder and click "Copy to System".
- Now I close "Sony Preset Manager 1.0" and open Vegas.

Now would the effects be visible. Unfortunately I can not find the effects. These are the following effects:

Software/Hardware

Sony Vegas 13.0 (Build 290) 64-bit
Computer: Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

regards
Markus

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Sony Vegas 13 installed effects are not displayed
on May 15, 2015 at 1:50:00 pm

These FX don't show up in the usual place (i.e. the Video FX tab).
You have to click on an FX icon (either event, track or master) and look in the box that opens up. When I installed it, it showed up in the Filter Packages folder.
Click the one you want, click OK and it will now show up as an FX on your event/track/project.

BTW, you mentioned Preset Manager 1.0. I just installed it from the Sony site and it came up as version 2.0 so you may want to check to make sure you're using the latest version.

Be advised that each preset is comprised of multiple FX stacked together so don't mess with them unless you really want to.
Here's what the Uncertain Memories preset chain looks like.

Return to posts index

Markus Petri
on May 15, 2015 at 3:31:01 pm

Im a Idiot. That is the right way. No i can see the effects now! Thank you very much!!!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on May 15, 2015 at 3:56:59 pm

My pleasure Markus and welcome to the "idiot" crowd :)
Most if not all of us on here learned this software by playing with it instead of reading the manual and have made lots of mistakes along the way.
I've been a Vegas user for over 10 years and am still discovering new things about it so don't feel bad.
All that matters is that you added another useful trick to your arsenal of Vegas tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]