FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 13 64bit and Muxed Cineform/Neo 3D files, Impossible?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert England
Vegas 13 64bit and Muxed Cineform/Neo 3D files, Impossible?
on May 13, 2015 at 1:32:43 pm
Last Edited By Robert England on May 13, 2015 at 2:08:01 pm

First of all, (SKIP TO QUESTION IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT DRAMA) let me say Steve, you sure seem to be decent and helpful to many here on the board. I have to assume your response was meant to be humorous and misinterpreted by me. But having been abused and bullied in life in the past I immediately assumed you were being, sarcastic, even a bit mean (it was after all, my very first respnse here ever). History: I had asked a well worded question with no less than 4 video links, and put the word 'John?' In the title. Steve responded with: "Gee, I would have chimed in here, but you clearly you only want help from John, oh well..."
I took that as a small attack and wasting my time with non responses so I said so. BUT, I Must have been wrong because Steve surely does help many others here. (?) It must have been an attempt at (friendly?) Humour and I simply don't know him well enough to have gleaned that, and I have been too bullied and abused in my 45 years, to ever assume friendly motives when strangers say ambigious things. So Steve, if I was wrong I apologize for saying your response was: "Silly" and "Foolish" and calling your post "time wasting". It must simply be your 'humour' which im sure I'll grow to love.

QUESTION: Does Vegas Actually Interpret Neo 3D (Muxed Cineform 3D Intermediate) ir an I wasting my time? I can bring in two separate 2D Cineform files (left and right) 'Pair' them in Vegas and View them on my External 120hz 3D Vision monitor in Full HD 3D, BUT when I try to pull in a Single Muxed Cineform (Neo 3D) 3D Avi, its shows a double wide (1920x2) viewport, displays the video in the right half, but total Black in the left. When played out to the external monitor, it shows the 3D video as full screen 2D 'side by side' instead of 3D.
Now, I can easily switch to work with separate left and right cineform files of course, but our work flow has always been to render, edit w/ SSX3 and 3D Mux Directly out of After FX (no Firstlight needed!) Then editing in premiere with Realtime 3D Vision Display. Now that I got 3D Vision working in Vegas, the only hurdle left, is (hopefully) getting Vegas 13 64 bit Pro to interpret the Muxed 3D cineform or 'Neo 3D' files!
Thank you to any (and All) who answer. Please use sarcasm and humour sparingly until I get to know you, to avoid misunderstandings I am very new here.

Return to posts index

Robert England
Re: Vegas 13 64bit and Muxed Cineform/Neo 3D files, Impossible?
on May 13, 2015 at 2:43:05 pm
Last Edited By Robert England on May 13, 2015 at 2:46:31 pm

I think I found my answer(s) I might as well post what I've learned to help others,
First, I got 3D Vision to work in Vegas 13 by setting the Options/Preferences/Preview Tab to "Left and Right" NOT "Side by Side".
Now I am pulling in Cineform Neo 3D and setting the File/Properties to Side by Side Half, the Video Track/File properties to Side by Side Half, and outputting to a MVC Iso to test. If, when I "rip" my own file to a Full SBS 3D MKV, it plays as a full 3840x1080 file, it means that when in Vegas treat Cineform 3D as Half SBS, and the MVC Module will be smart enough to separate out the full frames to create a Full HD MVC 3D Bluray! Testing Now.

and the Answer is YES! I ripped my Vegas generated ISO using an old copy of DVDFab to a 3D MKV Full SBS and played it in Stereoscooic player, it played great in 3D then I opened it in VLC to double check, sure enough: 3840x1080 and Full SBS Perfect!

Simple rule: Treat Neo 3D in Vegas as Half SBS, The MVV Decoder will discern the difference and make a Full SBS MVC 3D BLURAY!

Thank you to anyone who would have helped. I rarely ask for help and if I have gotten to that point it means i'm working a problem 24/7 until I solve it.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 14, 2015 at 12:00:12 am

Robert, I saw your post but I don't do any 3D editing so I couldn't help. (sorry)

I do, however, have tremendous respect that you apologized to Steve which shows that your intent was not to be malicious. As you pointed out, it's impossible to infer one's intent with words alone and no one knows the history that each of is carry with them or how we might react to a new situation.

I'm also impressed that you posted the solution back when you finally figured it out so that other can benefit. That is what this creative community is all about!

I do hope that you chalk this up to nothing more than a "rocky start" and that you stick around because we can always use another set of eyes that are eager to help others traverse the path that we have already travelled or at least to traverse it together if the path is unknown. I've learned more helping others than I ever could have working alone. ;-)

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Robert England
on May 14, 2015 at 3:25:12 am

Thanks John! Yeah that no-tone-to-text thing can be hard to navigate! The solution I found may still be wrong, I did notice a quality drop-off, I hope it is not taking my Full info, interpreting it as Half Side by Side, then Re-Sizing the HALF UP to FULL for the MVC Output! In which case I could just create SBS Blurays in Encore at the same level of quality with 1/10 the headache and be sure of what I'm getting. (Vegas really is a mess compared to all the other editors. If it wasn't the one that did 3D MVC Bluray I wouldn't ever deal with it.,) If anyone has experience with Cineform Full SBS 3D in Vegas, I would sure appreciate some input!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]