FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving part of the screen (I'm lacking a good way to call this)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geert Feenstra
Moving part of the screen (I'm lacking a good way to call this)
on May 8, 2015 at 10:45:41 pm

What I'd like to do is move part of the screen over to somewhere else on the screen.
Lets say I have my video devided in four squares Topleft TopRight BottomLeft BottomRight
Now I'd want to move BottomLeft over to BottomRight, whilest keeping its contents intact (meaning, having it still moving).
Its obviously going to sit ontop of BottomRight so that will no longer be in view and BottomLeft will leave a gaping hole.

As for an example (ditch the four squares mindset) you'd have a ammo counter in a shooting game and you wouldn't like the position of it or would make it want to be easier seen by the user (bigger). Can i cut out that ammo counter, move it along the screen and position it somewhere else, say the middle. (and im sure i can scale it up myself then, atleast i hope so)

I hope this makes sense to someone.

I've tried searching for something like this but im just not searching with the right query.
Everytime results are something like; cutting and pasting on the timeline.

I'm probably not making a lot of sense but I hope that someone is able to understand this and help me out with it.
Just to clarify none of the two things posted above are what I want (in this case), its just to know for general use .As I've found that i wanted to use this many times, but have never been able to do it.

-Geert

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Moving part of the screen (I'm lacking a good way to call this)
on May 8, 2015 at 11:58:28 pm

You probably want to use Track Motion to do this. You can make the frame smaller and move it anywhere you want. It affects the entire track so place whatever it is you want to move on it's own track. If you need to crop it out instead of resize you can use Pan/Crop to do this. You can also place Track Motion in 3D mode to really move things around in 3D space (e.g., rotate on X,Y,Z axis). In fact, you can use 3D Track Motion to create cube with 6 tracks. It's quite powerful.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Geert Feenstra
on May 9, 2015 at 12:18:31 am

Thanks a lot man!

Tried it out for a bit and this indeed does seem to be what i was looking for!
All the extra features are a bonus. even so, good to know.

-geert

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 9, 2015 at 1:34:25 am

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 9, 2015 at 12:53:31 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on May 9, 2015 at 12:55:24 pm

Ooops .. wrong tread . . .

G

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on May 9, 2015 at 2:00:52 pm

John described how to move the screens. You can also do the ammo counter, if I understand what you mean by that, by rotoscoping with a mask. That can work in theory, but it would be an enormous amount of work. Things like After Effects have tools to make rotoscoping a lot easier.

Return to posts index

Geert Feenstra
on May 9, 2015 at 2:05:20 pm

Thanks for the info, as said it's more of a knowhow thing than something that I actualy want to implement right now so I haven't tried it in great detail.

But im fairly certain the previous suggestion will work. I will look into your method aswell, since it has gathered my interest.

-Geert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]