FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't get my preview screen to show on my TV monitor

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bello
I can't get my preview screen to show on my TV monitor
on May 2, 2015 at 8:01:28 pm

Vegas Pro 13. I have a regular computer monitor that I am using for my editing timeline/software. And I would like to use a TV as a monitor to show me just the preview screen as I edit.

I've hooked up the TV to my computer with HDMI. Now, on the TV screen, I can see my computer desktop (sort of -- it's like the far right side of the desktop). So we know the computer is showing on the TV.

But I can't figure out how to get the editing preview screen to show on the TV when I am editing. I clicked Options/Preferences/Preview Device, and I'm not seeing my TV set listed there. Very confused. There's also a button called "Video Preview on External Monitor." When I click that, it simply gives me the preview screen as "full screen" on my computer monitor (but has no effect on the TV monitor.)

If anyone has any ideas / suggestions.. it would be greatly appreciated. Very frustrating. THANK YOU!!
(oh, the computer is a Lenovo K450e)

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: I can't get my preview screen to show on my TV monitor
on May 2, 2015 at 10:31:09 pm

Go to your desktop, right click, select screen resolution. You should see two displays-your monitor and TV. Make sure that for the Box for Multiple displays, you select "Extend these displays". Then apply. Back in Vegas, under Preferences, Preview Device, Display Adapter, make sure your TV is selected. It should work. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: I can't get my preview screen to show on my TV monitor
on May 3, 2015 at 12:23:10 pm

I simply drag the preview screen "over" to the TV monitor. It works fine for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]