FORUMS: list search recent posts

SVP and Sound Forge Issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
SVP and Sound Forge Issue
on May 2, 2015 at 4:53:24 am

Hey All,

I have the latest builds of SVP 13 and SF 11 installed. SF is also my default audio editor in Vegas. However, in Vegas when I right click and go to "open a copy" or "open in audio editor" (in SF), once SF opens and I go to edit the audio is now slowed down and plays at like 1/2 speed. It stays that way in Vegas after I close out of SF as well now. Very odd, and I have never had an issue with prior versions of Vegas/SF.
I often need to de-noise or treat a short section of a very long wave file (hours long) and I usually just split the section I need and try to open that short part in SF. I have done HUNDREDS of times in the past and never had this happen. This also happens when I am trying to edit a short piece I am working on as well.
It happens across 3 machines so it is a problem I am seeing on more than on system.

Any thoughts, ideas or fixes?

Best

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: SVP and Sound Forge Issue
on May 2, 2015 at 7:43:11 am

Make sure no hidden filters are there laying on your audio track in Vegas,
especially on the Audio Bus.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on May 2, 2015 at 1:34:44 pm

What do you mean by "filters?" This happens from the moment I drop any media into SVP. If I just drop in a clip, right click on the audio and SF opens, the audio plays slowly and the pitch is like slow mo audio...

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 2, 2015 at 4:06:12 pm

What do you mean by "filters?"
Audio effects / Audio plugins / Audio filters!
Hidden by default on your audio track or the audio bus track!

Or try re-installing the two.

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on May 2, 2015 at 4:52:59 pm

I have no hidden filters, or I still don't know what you are referring too. Vegas automatically adds 3 audio FX and I remove them all each time I start a new project. (Wish I knew how to disable these being added automatically) if those are the "filter" you are referring too. I have never heard the term "filters" in regards to audio other than hi, low and bandpass filters (I have been doing audio since about '95" As I mentioned that this happens over 3 machines with Vegas and SF on them, re-installing has in essence been done.
So, still at a loss, unless I am missing something on these two subjects..

Thanks

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Douwe Spoelstra
on May 7, 2015 at 7:45:17 pm

My first post here at creative cow..I have exactly the same problem and no clue how to resolve it.. Any more suggestions? No hidden filters, no large files, just open copy will result in very low pitched file in sound forge 11 and also back in vegas 13. Could it be the sound card? Could it be the last sound forge update? Could it be the canon xf files.. When i open original everything is fine, but rather not do that! Any work arounds? Many thanks in advance..

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on May 7, 2015 at 9:10:28 pm

I have it happening in 3 machines, laptop, i7 PC and a Mac Pro running Windows 7 Ultimate. 3 different everything (minus OS) and it still happens..

Would love to be able to edit as I used to. I now open the original file in SF, copy the audio, drop it into a new wave file, edit and then import into SVP. Tons of extra work...but it does the same job in 3 times the time!!

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 11, 2015 at 4:55:52 pm
Last Edited By Steve Rhoden on May 11, 2015 at 4:57:19 pm

Then Scott, this then definitely seems a serious issue with Soundforge 11.
Are you running the latest build of Soundforge 11 on all 3 systems that
you tried?

Film Maker & VFX Artist.

Return to posts index

Douwe Spoelstra
on May 13, 2015 at 9:54:38 am

Me also running the latest soundforge 11 and it is doing it with canon mxf, canon mvi and sony mts... still no clue how to fix it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]