FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best tools for notching or removing noise?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lindsay
Best tools for notching or removing noise?
on May 1, 2015 at 4:07:21 pm

Any recco's for what to use to track down and crush a multi-frequency noise in the track? I am trying Sony's graphic EQ with some success but I am also muddying the subject's voice.

The strange thing is this noise only comes up after rendering. Does anyone here have an idea why?

8785_lifetimehearingintrovideo.wav.zip

This is the link to the rendered wav file. It sounds clean alone, but when I put it on a track with picture and rendered it out as an MP4, the noise was back.

Very weird.All help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Best tools for notching or removing noise?
on May 1, 2015 at 4:14:59 pm

It is some type of HARMONIC ring. Do you have the original BEFORE render and SFX-ing?

Once I zap up the volume it appears. It is a very weird harmonic acoustic anomaly, wh8ich I haven't heard before now - odd....

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 1, 2015 at 4:17:42 pm

Are you saying that the RENDER removes your remedy? Yes?

G

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on May 1, 2015 at 4:28:41 pm

Graham

No, the noise only appears after render. before render both during the shoot and in Vegas, there was no noise.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 1, 2015 at 4:52:37 pm

OK, there is monster noise issue going oin which has been masked by the filter. This is the view of it in iZotope RX 4 Advanced.:-

Now this is it REMOVED in iZoRX 4 Ad:-

Here is the Timeline view of the noise. Upper is yours lower is mine.

I've attached MY rendered out sample. I could also clean up and sweeten the audio . . if you wished?

I think you are using the wrong tool and the render is bringing BACK a harmonic which in turn is muddying the sample . . or the other way around.

Listen to my "cured" sample.

Grazie

8795_lifetimehearingvideo1a.mp3.zip

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 1, 2015 at 5:07:59 pm

Here's another sample which I've further applied De-clipping.

8796_lifetimehearingvideo1areduxedclipping1a.mp3.zip

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on May 1, 2015 at 7:15:20 pm

Graham

That sounds great -- thank you for all your help!

Was this tone something that was only around 20khz or were there freq's that were in the lower range?

Since I just tested the same setup with AGC on and off int he same clip and rendered it out, hearing NO noise, I wonder it this may have been caused by more than the anti-AGC tone at 20k.

What do you think?

Again, thank you!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 1, 2015 at 9:20:28 pm

No, I don't think it is just the 20. I think that this has developed as a collected harmonic resulting from whatever the EQ tried to make better. This is too complex for me to decipher.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on May 1, 2015 at 10:01:40 pm

Grazie to you!

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on May 6, 2015 at 3:10:15 am

Wow, that is one nasty sound up at around 22K, this is what it looks like in Spectral Layers

As you can see there is a very defined line across the top at around 22K. I know that Grazzie has helped you and done a very nice job of it so thank you Grazzie. My reason for responding is that I am curious as to how this happened to appear in the file. Again I understand it is a question to which you have no answer. To me it sound like a clock or time code generator. Very reminiscent of the old midi clocks used to synchronize sequencers and drum machines. This leads to the question as to which device is at fault. Now I have no idea as to how your audio is routed but it does sound like the camera clock is bleeding into an audio pre amp. I short it's a ground loop. First I should ask if you are using a separate audio recorder. If so Per chance are both your audio recorder and camera powered from the same source.
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]