FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I change setting for event end? (Loop, Still, Halt)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Eon
How do I change setting for event end? (Loop, Still, Halt)
on May 1, 2015 at 3:24:18 pm

I have previously found a preference/setting that allows me to change the way the event responds if I try to pull past the end of the event. Currently, it will Loop the event back to the beginning but I thought there was another option to stillframe the last frame. But I would like the event to do nothing (just halt and not drag past the end) if I try to extend it beyond that frame. Where can I find a way to change how the events respond when I do that?

The reason I want to do that is because I want to shoot in 60p then slow down the clips to 50% using velocity, but when I do that, I lose the last half of the footage. I thought making subclips and using the event end feature would work, but the events are looping if I extend past the end frame and then I have to cut them down again.

Please let me know if you have any ideas that can help my process. Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How do I change setting for event end? (Loop, Still, Halt)
on May 1, 2015 at 3:46:32 pm

[David Eon] "The reason I want to do that is because I want to shoot in 60p then slow down the clips to 50% using velocity, but when I do that, I lose the last half of the footage."
Yes, that is exactly what will happen. If you decrease a 5 second Event you end up with 10 seconds. Now if you make a SUBCLIP of that 10 second event, Right Click Event and UNCHECK "LOOP" you'll get what you want, you'll get a static Frame.

Or . . . .

Insert a Velocity Envelop, apply 50%, open the event to double in length apply ANOTHER Point VeloEnvel and set that to 0% and drag out the length of the STILL. This will give you the same. There are at least another 2 ways to do this . .. but . . . .

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

David Eon
on May 1, 2015 at 4:10:22 pm

But the event doesn't change to 10 secs when I adjust the velocity...it's still only 5 secs, so the last half is not available until I adjust the event end to show it. I need a quick easy way to get the second half back after setting the velocity to 50% for multiple events. I figured on using Placement> Intervals > Then Change Duration to Markers in Vegasaur, but I am getting the looped events which I have to go and cut down again anyway. I need it to adjust only as far as the end of the clip, then stop. If I need to go about it in a different way and not use velocity I am fine with that. Just need it to apply to multiple events or be easily applied to multiple events (ie keyboard shortcuts/Vegasaur/Ultimate S options). Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on May 1, 2015 at 4:16:36 pm

Eh? If reduce speed by 50% you WILL double its play length. What am I not understanding?

G

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

David Eon
on May 1, 2015 at 4:39:34 pm

You double the play length, but the event end does not adjust to double. The event on the timeline is still only the length of the original 100% play back rate. So I need a way to show the entire play length at 50% speed.
So if the event was 5 secs long, adjusting the playback rate or velocity to 50% makes the 5 sec clip 10 secs long. But the event still ends after 5 secs. I need a way to double multiple events after setting the 50% playback rate/velocity so I can view the entire clip that I have selected.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on May 2, 2015 at 10:34:20 am

Vegasaur's Rocket Speed will do it

Return to posts index

David Eon
on May 4, 2015 at 4:13:05 am

Awesome Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]