FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Some assistance with an effect in regards to editing

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Smith
Need Some assistance with an effect in regards to editing
on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:06:40 pm

Hey everyone, I am creating a video and I saw 2 effects in someone's YouTube video that I would like to use but I've googled till my vision went blurry and couldn't find out how to create it LOL. The video can be seen here:

The 2 effects I am interested in using is within the first 34 seconds of the video. The first being how he brought the same image coming in from each side to create a single image when they come together and the second effect is where the scenes are in a blurred or slow motion state.

I have Sony Vegas 12 and on a different forum site someone replied who said they don't have Vegas and that they are using AviUtl instead, but similar idea applies. The instrucctions he gave me for each effect are below, but for the life of me I cannot find these effects in Vegas 12.

For the 1st effect they said:

You duplicate the video clip and mask them with two slightly different strip patterns → slide the objects from the side back to the default position. Set the blend mode for the two objects to "Additive".

Then for the 2nd effect they said:

Apply heavy motion blur, or duplicate the video, and make the duplicated one having a high transparency and change the blend mode to "Overlay" or similar. Then change the playback start point slightly. Then you'll have a ghost image.

I assume that Sony Vegas 12 can do this and was curious if someone can show me a way to do these in that software. Thank you all in advance for all your time and efforts in assisting me with this, it is GREATLY appreciated!

Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]