FORUMS: list search recent posts

multiscreen issues

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Phillips
multiscreen issues
on Apr 29, 2015 at 7:53:09 am

Hi,

I am shooting with a PMW200 1920 HD 25fps interlaced at 35mbs. The footage looks great except when i am in multiscreen - i have a sequence where i have 2 clips playing side by side (picture in picture), and a second sequence where the screen is split into 4 clips..... its during theses sequences that the movement in the images are having a interlaced jagged issue. I have tried rendering the project out in progressive and interlaced - the issue remains. I have also gone into the properties on each clip and selected 'reduce interlace'.

The clip is online here, and the issues are at 4.10 (where the link below will take you) and during the opening sequence - during the rough car shot and wheel change.

Any advice would be welcome.
Thank you
Regards Martin

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: multiscreen issues
on Apr 29, 2015 at 8:13:40 am

[Martin Phillips] "I have tried rendering the project out in progressive and interlaced"
So the issue is prior to that then (wink), but you are on the right track - that's a rallying term . . . OK, can you explain just HOW you set up the 4 pictures? What method you used?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Martin Phillips
on Apr 29, 2015 at 8:23:41 am

Grazie,

Yes strange that - i set it to open at 4.10, but thought you would all work it out !!!!

I set up 4 video tracks and used the 'track motion' effect on that video track to create the individual clip size (maintaining the aspect ratio).

Regards
Martin

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 29, 2015 at 9:20:30 am

[Martin Phillips] " but thought you would all work it out !!!!"
Sure, but you COULD have used Pan Crop or previously rendered to a smaller size.

OK, some history, Vegas needs to have your project settings DEINTERLACE method set before you add any Footage - and here that is interlace - onto the Timeline. Coming back and setting the DEINTERLACE method in Project Settings wont work and you will get what you and I are seeing. This is such primary setting that we shouldn't have too think about it and get into the issues we have and have done over many years.

OK, Martin, do a test to confirm my feedback. Set up a brand new veg that WILL use INTERLACE. Go to Project Settings and set the DEINTERLACE Method to what I use and that is INTERPOLATE Fields. Now resize your Event and play. What's the result?

Now, repeat the test but this time set the DEINTELACE Method AFTER you've added your INTERLACE Media to the Timeline. What do you get now?

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Martin Phillips
on Apr 29, 2015 at 9:51:27 am

No, no..... I had set the clip to play at 4.10 (where the issue was), and when i tested it, it started at 8.20 - i thought you were referring to that with your "so the issue is prior to that then (wink)" remark - hence my response saying "i was sure you would work it out"..... fhew, i hope I've cleared that up, i didn't want to come across as rude in any way.

Right, thank you for the advice, i shall have a play and come back to you.

Regards
Martin

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 29, 2015 at 11:19:09 am

[Martin Phillips] "Right, thank you for the advice, i shall have a play and come back to you."
Do, Martin, I'd be glad to hear from you how you got on.

Grazie

Return to posts index

Martin Phillips
on May 11, 2015 at 8:26:55 am

Hi,

Thank you. It actually solved the issue just changing the de interlace method in the existing project without having to create a fresh veg project. I have always set the de interlace to 'blend; and this has worked fine with my Sony Z5 footage, but not with the footage from the PMW 200's, changing to the settings you recommended worked fine.

Thanks again.
Regards
Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]