FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Do I Lower Render Times?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Andrews
How Do I Lower Render Times?
on Apr 29, 2015 at 7:03:27 am

Assuming I want the highest quality video and don't want to lower the settings to lower the quality. What are other ways I can lower my render times? Can my HDD be a bottleneck? Would switching to an SSD improve render times that much?

Currently, a 25 minute video takes 6 hours to render.

MY SPECS:
Intel-Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
12GB RAM
HDD Hard drive.

Return to posts index

Mark van der Berg
Re: How Do I Lower Render Times?
on Apr 29, 2015 at 7:44:00 am

That is EXTREMELY long, Thomas. What fileformat are you rendering it in, because I think there might be more time-efficient ones to be honest.

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on Apr 29, 2015 at 4:44:02 pm

That is really long. It is very highly unlikely HD speed has anything to do with this.

When you ask a question about rendering, it helps if you provide information about what you are using/doing.

From the speed it sounds like you might be rendering to Mainconcept AVC in two pass mode. Mainconcept AVC is a pretty slow encoder. If AVC is your target then Sony AVC is much faster.

Return to posts index

Thomas Andrews
on May 1, 2015 at 9:46:38 am

Yes, you are completely right, Mainconcept AVC. I was told that that would give the best looking quality videos, but I did not use two-pass mode, though I'm wondering, is two-pass mode a good idea? If Sony AVC is faster, would that mean the quality is lower, or would it remain the same?
I was assuming because the bitrate I have is set to what my camera records (28,000,000 bps), that could also be a factor, but I don't want to lower that, so if the Sony AVC one is faster without lowering quality, that would be great. Do you know if it's possible it would slightly faster to upload to youtube with that format too, or are mainconcept and sony the same?

Return to posts index

Norman Black
on May 1, 2015 at 6:56:11 pm

Speed of upload depends on the size of the file you are uploading and the size is solely dependent on the bitrate you choose.

At very low bitrates MC AVC is probably better than Sony AVC but if you are targeting those low bitrates then neither Vegas AVC encoder is really very good.

If you are targeting 28Mbps (20+) for 1080 video, then that is very high and everything should look the same. Do a test. Trust your eyes. A simple test will show you more than anything anyone on the net can tell you.

Uploading 28Mbps 1080 video to Youtube/Vimeo is massive overkill and will simply make your uploads take a long time. Their re-encoded bitrates are around 7-8Mbps for 1080. They are using a high quality encoder so using the Vegas encoders I would pad that number up some. The Vegas "Internet 1080" templates should be a good choice.

Those templates will probably give you good general quality when you look at them, or even just a little higher.

Camera bitrates are higher because they do not do very much compression at all. They do not have the compute power or time to do such things. They absolutely must encode in real time. With most, but certainly not ALL, source material the bitrates from a PC encode from sources can be dramatically lower due to the better compression analysis they can do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]