FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Pixelated/glitched in preview window.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Daley
Video Pixelated/glitched in preview window.
on Apr 29, 2015 at 1:38:48 am

Hi, all.
So, my computer was repaired and I can render without it crashing now! (Yay.)
But, I have a new problem.
I recording gaming footage using the h.264 codec in bandicam. (I thought it was the highest quality thing to use.)
But, Vegas wouldn't even open the footage. (It gave me an error.) I found a codec through Bandicam support, which was specifically mentioned to use in Sony Vegas.

So, the footage opens now, but it's all pixelated and glitchy when the in-game camera moves. The footage is crisp and clear when viewed in WMP or VLC. So, what's going on?

I won't be using that codec for future recordings, but I'd like to salvage this one. Any ideas? I ran the original file through Virtualdub as well, but, that still was garbled while editing.It's also not fluid when paused and I try to go frame by frame.

An example of how the video appears in the preview window:

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Video Pixelated/glitched in preview window.
on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:03:09 pm

It could simply be your preview setting. To see full quality video in preview, you should use Best -> Full. However, if you leave it set to best/full, your frame rate in preview will probably drop.

Return to posts index

Eric Daley
on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:16:31 pm

Nope. Video has the same glitchy look no matter the preview setting.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 30, 2015 at 1:24:29 am

What's important is how it looks when rendered, not so much how it previews on the timeline. Have you tried a test render? Do you get the same pixelation and glitches? Depending on your system, preview performance in Vegas can be pretty terrible--especially with avc/h264 which can be quite demanding.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Eric Daley
on Apr 30, 2015 at 3:40:21 am
Last Edited By Eric Daley on Apr 30, 2015 at 3:46:08 am

My system is pretty high end. I've got an I7 processor and 16gb of ram and a GTX 760 video card. I'll do a test render and see what happens.

EDIT: The glitchy look appears in the render. Is there some place I could just convert this to MP4? Maybe that'll fix it.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 30, 2015 at 2:56:33 pm

Suggest you try the Videohelp forum. Here is the link to the the conversion sub-forum. http://forum.videohelp.com/forums/11-Video-Conversion. There is a sticky at the top that discusses available conversion tools. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]