FORUMS: list search recent posts

[Kid's school project] Videos from different cameras... audio pitch problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Greenman
[Kid's school project] Videos from different cameras... audio pitch problems
on Apr 29, 2015 at 12:05:15 am

Greetings!

First post, very grateful to have found this forum... my question: I'm helping put together a video for my kids' school (using Vegas Pro 12) which involves compiling a lot of little video clips filmed by different parents. Imagine a folder full of video clips, each filmed on different brands of cell phones, cameras, etc., all imported into one Vegas project.

Problem is - the audio on some clips doesn't playback at the correct speed. I believe this is because some of the files are 44.1 kHz (clips from a Canon S95, for example), and others are 48kHz. If I set the project preferences to 44.1kHz, the 48kHz clips' audio pitch plays back too high. If I set the project to 48kHz, the 44.1kHz clips sound too low in pitch.

How can I fix this? It's driving me buggy :). Thanks!

Larry

Return to posts index

Mark van der Berg
Re: [Kid's school project] Videos from different cameras... audio pitch problems
on Apr 29, 2015 at 7:42:40 am

Hey Larry,

Does going to the Audio Event FX for the files that are the wrong and use 'Pitch Shift' not yield results? It might be a bit cumbersome but once you have figured out the right setting it's a matter of copy-paste of course!

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Return to posts index

Larry Greenman
Re: [Kid's school project] Videos from different cameras... audio pitch problems
on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:35:55 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Mark... I will try it! If it works, it works.

(Although I can't help feeling like that's the "wrong" way to do it - like there must be some way to import 48kHz files into a 44.1 project that retains the proper audio pitch...)

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Apr 29, 2015 at 9:50:36 pm

I never noticed an issue. Under Project Properties under the Audio tab, you can set the resample quality to something better to see if that makes a difference. The other option is to resample the audio portion in another program like Sound Forge (Sony)or Audacity (free).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]