FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Forge & Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite (editing & saving audio)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McIntosh
Sound Forge & Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite (editing & saving audio)
on Apr 25, 2015 at 9:48:52 pm

If I start a new project with, say, 10 minutes of video, then I do lots of editing, ending up with a two-minute video, when I then export the audio to Sound Forge, it ends up there with the full, original ten minutes.

THEN, when it comes to saving the edited audio, it takes
F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Am I doing something wrong???

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sound Forge & Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite (editing & saving audio)
on Apr 26, 2015 at 1:07:22 am
Last Edited By Aaron Star on Apr 26, 2015 at 1:10:46 am

When exporting the audio, make sure to check the box render only selected area. Export the edited audio as a new .WAV file. Using tool bar export features may open all audio in the timeline for edit in Sound Forge. Most audio effects and repairs are available as effects or time line effects inside Vegas. I rarely find a need to edit in Sound Forge.

You do not offer any details on the video types you are working with or trying to render to. Rendering video in Movie Studio does not use GPU accel, and could also be frames per second limited in software. Sony does this as the carrot to upgrade to pro. Most likely your video source format conversion, and your system specs could be holding back your video render. Also video composites, effects, and rendering in BEST can add significant time renders.

I always recommend to people that are having a hard time with rendering and editing in Vegas MS, or Pro, to try this:

1st - render all .mov/mts/camera raw footage to XDCAM.MXF/.MP4.
XDCAM.MXF offers smart render speed.
XDCAM has lower system requirements to work, and is highly optimized in Vegas.
Project Settings - Use the match media format button on prject settings dialog.
Render As - Then use the = check box in the render settings to match the project settings.

2nd - Edit the XDCAM converted files, and render final to project settings that match the XDCAM files.

3rd - At this point you can render an XDCAM edited master file, and then use Handbrake to convert to .MP4. The XDCAM.MXF file can also be directly uploaded to YouTube, no .mp4 conversion is necessary.

Alternatively you can render to Sony AVC.mp4 directly from Vegas MS.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 26, 2015 at 12:07:23 pm

[Michael McIntosh] "when I then export the audio to Sound Forge, it ends up there with the full, original ten minutes. "
What command are you using to export your audio?

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Michael McIntosh
on Apr 26, 2015 at 2:16:27 pm

I was using 'open in audio editor'. But I've just discovered I can actually do quite a lot of editing within Movie Studio without even bothering to export. For the moment, that's pretty much solved the problem.
However, I just can't understand why SF takes an eternity to save. But for the moment, I'll just stick to adding reverb and so on without exporting.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:25:08 am

[Michael McIntosh] "I was using 'open in audio editor'."
Well... That's your problem right there! ;-)

There are two options and here how they are different:
  • Open in Audio Editor: Will open the Original media file in your audio editor intact regardless of what editing you have done in Movie Studio. The entire original file is edited. This destructively modifies the original file (very dangerous).

• Open Copy in Audio Editor will make a Copy of the only media that is part of the Event and open that copy in your audio editor. When you are done editing the copy is added back to your project as a Take. Your original media remains unchanged. (very safe)
I always use Open Copy in Audio Editor because I never want to modify my original media ever!

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]