FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove a spot from a projector. I am a newbie

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph miles
Remove a spot from a projector. I am a newbie
on Apr 22, 2015 at 12:58:24 am

Hi.

I have read a few tutorials but I cannot figure out how to remove this spot or blur it out correctly or in general just make it less noticeable. I am a newbie to Sony Vegas and would appreciate easy instructions.

It is a light from my projector; it would be great if I had shot the videos without it showing, but coulda woulda shoulda but didn't.

I'm not looking for perfect (that would be nice), just something to make it less noticeable.

Help is greatly appreciated. I have tried pixelation but it didn't quite do well. Maybe I need to change the color of the spot to gray then repixelate it.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Remove a spot from a projector. I am a newbie
on Apr 22, 2015 at 5:18:30 am

[Joseph miles] "I cannot figure out how to remove this spot or blur it out correctly or in general just make it less noticeable"
Hi Joseph, I did a Pan/Crop MASK and added a Gaussian Blur. If this is any good:-

Here are the Settings I used:-

Note that I added the FX to the MASK.

Now, all this is nice and dandy, but this is the screenshot you chose where there isn't any movement, this WILL change if somebody passes in front OR there is some detail you WISH to see.

NB: There is a RED "cast" to the blur, my guess is it is the RED arrow annotation you've added for us to see what you mean - yes? Once that annotation is removed you're going to get a better, cleaner blur.

Cheers

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:05:56 pm

I had a similar situation where I had to remove an tiny insect on the lens. I approached it a bit differently. I duplicated the video track and put a mask around a good part of the area to the right (or left) of the spot and then I slid the entire video horizontally so I basically cloned a good spot over the bad spot. I did blur it a bit too like Graham did.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Joseph miles
on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:21:47 pm

Thank you for the responses, these were exactly what I was looking for.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 22, 2015 at 1:42:00 pm

+1 to Roger's technique. I did the same thing a short time ago and it worked great!!

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Apr 22, 2015 at 4:35:48 pm

You got some very good ideas to work with here. You may also want to try some quick color correction to pull down the purple in the top left corner. I know that isn't what you were asking about, but it would be a quick easy fix that could make a big difference in the look of your video.
Let me know if that works for you. Thanks!
DavidEon

Return to posts index

Joseph miles
on Apr 22, 2015 at 5:51:50 pm

Thank you for the info. I am quite colorblind so I do not see it, I'll have my wife look at it and help me out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]