FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using GPS

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Gregory
Using GPS
on Apr 19, 2015 at 2:19:28 am

I see that some of the portable cameras that can shoot 1920x1080 video can also capture the cameras GPS data. What if any programs can display or use that feature if it were turned on?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Using GPS
on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:04:11 am
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Apr 19, 2015 at 3:05:59 am

Adobe Lightroom for one. There is also the freeware Geosetter which I use quite a bit. Both are integrated with Google Maps, so the GPS coordinates recorded in Exif data will show up. If you know where a photo was taken, conversely, you can record those coordinates back to the Exif files. In this was way, you can add GPS coordinates to photos taken many years ago. Its nice to know (at least for me) where a photo/video was taken. I've literally searched for hours trying to find exactly where a photo was taken 30 or 40 years ago. I also like doing road trip documentaries in which I create a track from my car GPS and then add waypoints corresponding to video events from a camcorder. Again, the whole point, at least for me, is to know exactly where footage was being recorded. And lastly, most cameras have their own software for displaying GPS coordinates on a map, which I don't find very useful. E.g. Sony's Play Memories.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Paul Gregory
Re: Using GPS
on Apr 19, 2015 at 5:14:40 am

I know what to do with the EXIF data from stills but what I'm asking about is for video clips. For instance the camera says "PGH (AVCHD) progressive. GPS information is added & record video of 1920x1080 size"

There is also a GFS setting that says the same thing. Are we talking about the same thing?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]