FORUMS: list search recent posts

Use 130 chapter markers in Vegas pro 13 -DVDA?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lenihan
Use 130 chapter markers in Vegas pro 13 -DVDA?
on Apr 18, 2015 at 8:26:05 pm

Trying to put together a graduation video with 130 seniors. You know each one wants only to look at himself.

I am trying to put each of their names as a separate line item in a scene selection menu of DVDA 6.

Using Vegas Pro 13 I can create the 130 markers, but it only numbers the first 99.

And DVDA Sees all 130 markes, but won't create a scene selection for the ones over 100.

Is there any work around that you can think of to the apparent 100 scene limitation?

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: Use 130 chapter markers in Vegas pro 13 -DVDA?
on Apr 18, 2015 at 9:09:42 pm

I haven't fiddled with DVD menus in years and never in DVD Architect, but it seems that a single track with 130 chapters is way too many in the first place. Perhaps you could have 4 or 6 tracks- Track 1--letters last names A - G, Track 2--H - M, etc. That way, one could more quickly navigate to ones last name. First select track, then the chapter menu pops up corresponding to last name. I know you can do this is Tmpgenc's Authoring Works, and would be very surpised if Architect wouldn't support it. Anyway, just an idea. Good luck.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 18, 2015 at 11:59:46 pm

I think a playlist will do what you want but I've never done one so don't hold to me to that thought :)

Return to posts index

john lenihan
on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:36:37 pm

Thank you guys for your encouragement and ideas.

What has worked is I simply cut the video into two shorter videos each with less than 99 chapters.

Then brought each of them into DVD architect. I told the end action of the first video is to go to the beginning of the second.

Then I created scene selections pages for each video with 24 scenes on each page. Then I added a link from the last scene selection to go to the first scene selection of the second video.

It works like a charm if I render it as a Bluray and the client loves it.

However, when I tried to render it as a DVD there is an error message that says only 18 buttons per page are allowed. And that includes the three navigation buttons, so only 15 per page.

I remember doing this once before a long time ago and was able to get more than 15 buttons per page.

Do I have some other setting wrong in DVD architect that is preventing this?

Thanks

John Lenihan

LeniCam Video Productions
http://www.lenicamvideoproductions.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 29, 2015 at 6:26:25 pm

It's probably because that, with a DVD, there's a limit since the frame size is reduced from 1920 x 1080 to 720 x 480. Hence, there's simply not enough "space" for that many buttons. Just a guess.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]