FORUMS: list search recent posts

scripts making things easier

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Belter
scripts making things easier
on Apr 15, 2015 at 8:20:30 am

hi there,
maybe the moment wasn't right... really not a single answer?

the question is: do you think it is possible to do something, maybe writing a script-i am not strong at that...
to make those functionalities available as a keyboard shortcut:

toggle enable/bypass output video effects
change thumbnails visibility in video events head/head-tail etc

what do you people think?

p.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: scripts making things easier
on Apr 15, 2015 at 11:34:15 am

[Paul Belter] "what do you people think?"

If there's a need, they will come - that's if a script can be written. Here's the thing: not all controls are available to the script writers.

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
on Apr 15, 2015 at 11:40:42 am

THANK YOU GRAZIE. DOes that mean those particular controls are not available for modyfying usung scripting?

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Apr 15, 2015 at 12:30:31 pm

Tons of features in Vegas can be written as scripts for a one click
process, Once you have a very deep knowledge of Vegas scripting process
in doing this, you will be surprised.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
on Apr 15, 2015 at 12:39:10 pm

I AM PRETTY AWARE OF THAT, IT IS JUST I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT SCRIPTING. DO YOU KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO start?

sorry for caps and thanx steve

Return to posts index

Ric Moxley
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:05:00 pm

both the original question, and this follow-up, are great questions. Didn't know there was scripting. And I could sure benefit from the ability to add a simple keyboard command to something that presently doesn't have one, such as, "Create Subclip." Could have benefited from a keyboard shortcut of that roughly 200 times yesterday. :-)

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:25:38 pm
Last Edited By Mike Kujbida on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:26:55 pm

The Script Developers Kit is on the Sony site at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/devkits
There's a Scripting forum at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=21

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:45:08 pm

Using Macros are a good way to create an easy script using multiple keystrokes or mouse clicks. For example, using the example of creating subclips the keystrokes would be (Right click, B).

You can use a macro keyboard and a program like Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse to program it.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Apr 16, 2015 at 4:31:47 pm
Last Edited By Wayne Waag on Apr 16, 2015 at 10:32:34 pm

I've put together quite a few scripts over the past few years although I'm not a "script writer" from scratch. My understanding of programming goes all the way back to Fortran and Basic and little beyond. Although not the best way, I've taken the approach of learning from scripts that have already been written. I start with what I want the script to do, search for existing scripts that do similar things or at least have a similar process, and then learn enough to make changes. There are lots of free Vegas scripts that have been written over the years--just search. And if you get stuck, you can post your problem on the Vegas Pro scripting forum and usually get the help you need. This is NOT the best approach, but it does work. Just my nickels worth.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]