FORUMS: list search recent posts

missing markers n regions

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ric Moxley
missing markers n regions
on Apr 14, 2015 at 3:28:22 pm

I spent several hours yesterday going through a client's raw footage, using Markers and Regions via the trimmer window to label segments by topic. I saved and exited the Vegas file, as I normally do. Then, when i loaded the file this morning all my notes/markers/regions are missing! I'm hoping that all that work is still there - would be frustrating as hell to have to start from scratch with all that labeling. Did i do something wrong? am i looking in the wrong place??? glitch???? thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: missing markers n regions
on Apr 14, 2015 at 3:48:37 pm

You saved your project file but did you save your Trimmer info?
You need to click the Save icon in the Trimmer window to do this.

Return to posts index

Ric Moxley
on Apr 14, 2015 at 4:02:45 pm

Geez, seriously? Thanks for the info. But dear god, how incredibly un-intuitive, that I'd have to tell the software to save one unique aspect of the work I'm doing! It would be as inane as having to tell Microsoft Word to save formatting separately from saving the file itself. Sad then that I've wasted so many hours on this. But thanks for the education.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Apr 14, 2015 at 4:05:48 pm

You're welcome Ric and sorry to hear that you weren't aware of this.
If it's any consolation the same thing happened to me a number of years ago. Lots of markers and notes on a project. Lesson learned the hard way for me too :(

Return to posts index

Ric Moxley
on Apr 15, 2015 at 1:24:44 pm

purely in the sense that "misery loves company," it helps. LOL. :-) Thanks again

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Apr 15, 2015 at 5:35:57 am

There is an option to auto save the trimmer markers.

Return to posts index

Ric Moxley
on Apr 15, 2015 at 1:27:07 pm

great news that that option exists, thanks for pointing it out. Too bad it's not set as the default position.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]