FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just to say 'thank you Creative Cow'

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Shelton
Just to say 'thank you Creative Cow'
on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:19:26 pm

Every now and then I pop up with a series of questions ranging from novice to bemused amateur as I have struggled to get to grips with the finer (and blunter) aspects of Sony Vegas. I would like to say I would have seriously struggled, maybe given up, had it not been for the amazing support given on this forum and I'm always humbled at the promptness & quality of response and what must be the overall time given by the experts on here; John Rafano's responses in particular have helped me considerably.
Apologetically I'm still only on Sony Vegas movie Studio Platinum 12 (I still only have a 32bit, if high spec, PC so can't upgrade) but with the help on here I have managed to produce a video green screened throughout which I'm pretty proud of. I'm sure the experts will see all the joins and rough edges and think I should have done this or that (I couldn't do a light wrap with what I had, which would have really helped) but any advice on how to improve further will be fully appreciated.
So, nervously, here's what I produced with the support for my last questions a couple of months ago. I did all the filming (using a fairly basic Panasonic 3MOS HDC-TM900), using budget green screen and lighting purchased off Amazon and Studio Platinum 12, audio recorded on cubase ...oh yes and I'm in the band (Littermouth) too! :-)

Thank you Creative Cow!
Steve, UK

Return to posts index

Steve Shelton
Re: Just to say 'thank you Creative Cow'
on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:28:35 pm

D'oh! Soz John for typo - 'Rofrano'

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Apr 20, 2015 at 12:42:12 pm

Steve, That was phenomenal!!! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and it was very well done. I remember you asking me about how to do the spinning room and you pulled it off exceptionally well. I can tell a lot of hard work went into that. The only thing I would have added at the end is to have the credits smoothly scroll upward with the finger swipe by keyframing instead of just changing suddenly but you were probably exhausted from editing the project for so long by that time. lol All the other finger moves throughout were really done nicely. As I said, I really enjoyed watching it.

Bravo! Keep up the good work.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Steve Shelton
on Apr 22, 2015 at 10:55:09 pm

Wow! Thank you John, that is a massive complement coming from someone so experienced in video editing as yourself. Yes you are correct the end credit was thrown together last minute to meet a deadline and not very well but better than nothing, I was getting exhausted with it all by then. Some of my green screen could have been better set up and lit but I had very limited room space ...and I won't be so stupid as to green screen someone with a green whiskey bottle again (that took absolutely ages, almost frame by frame, putting in a green shape exactly behind the moving image to keep it green and not transparent!!)

I'm so grateful to all the help and tips I got from this forum, esp from you. If I had to pick the one most useful help tip that I was given, as there was no way my PC could have coped with every thing in one project edit, it was that about two years ago you told me about 'lossless' codecs and the one you advised for me was 'XDCAM EX' from which I make (what I call) mp4 'submixes' for each section in separate projects which I then load into the master overall project. I used that method constantly and lots of times. I could never have achieved anywhere near the result I did without that advice!
I have now got 2 months to plan, film and edit the follow up video!! ..expect some more pleas for help very soon :-)

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 10, 2015 at 2:53:58 pm

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but you're welcome and thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I could help.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

David Eon
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:37:26 pm

This is a clinic on how to get the most out of Movie Studio! Go Pro! You'll love it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]