FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 12 Pro. Complex Mask Crashing.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Terrio
Vegas 12 Pro. Complex Mask Crashing.
on Apr 12, 2015 at 1:11:36 am

I am masking a solid yellow color over a video. The mask is sort of complex, with edge blur and a couple negative masks as well. It's a couple frames long, and changes almost each frame. Now it's super laggy when looking at it, and when I click the 2nd frame or any other than the first, it crashes. I don't see any strain on my CPU or GPU when editing it. Any idea how to stop the crashing?
System Info:
EVGA GTX 660
I7 3770K
16GB Ram
Windows 7 64 bit

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Vegas 12 Pro. Complex Mask Crashing.
on Apr 12, 2015 at 4:43:57 am

First, try turning OFF GPU if you have it active. Then I see you have a double GLOW, why? I don't have an issue with that in principle, but this could provide more math computational activity than can be processed with the complexity of the Mask. And here is the possible "real" issue: if you look to the far right end of the P/C I can see the KF site of STACKED Keframes. Had you reduced the Length of the Event? I've had issues with stacked K/Fs and have had to review the position, duplication and general layout of the Mask controls.

How long does the Event last?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

William Terrio
on Apr 12, 2015 at 5:15:24 am

For the effect I need, I need both Glows, one with a wide radius and a short radius. Also the event is normally 3 frames, but when taking the picture I attempted to reduce it to one frame to try and prevent the crash. So normally it has just the 3 keyframes.

Good observations though. I turned off GPU acceleration, and turned off the glows. Reset Vegas and it still crashes at the same parts. :( I even have the preview window set to Preview and Half quality, it always ran well on those settings.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 12, 2015 at 6:03:00 am

This is a ONE Frame Event reduced from THREE. You'll need to reconfigure and separate-out that stack of k/fs. There is much maths going on. Until you've rebuilt the process for a ONE Frame Event, and see if that works, reducing from X-Frames to ONE may just be the issue.

Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Phil Peacock
on Apr 12, 2015 at 10:56:40 am

Good pick-up Graham. But how the hell did you spot - "if you look to the far right end of the P/C I can see the KF site of STACKED Keframes."? I'm still looking!!!!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Apr 12, 2015 at 11:02:51 am

[Phil Peacock] " I'm still looking!!!!"
Lol . . . .

It is awfully slight, but there IS a slight shadow indicating a stack of diamonds:-

Without:

And with - there's almost a 3-D look about the Diamonds:

Grazie

Return to posts index

JF Baez
on Apr 12, 2015 at 1:31:38 pm

how can we avoid this behavior??

It happens to me sometimes when i move the event or i add another event to make a transition ,is annoying.

I wonder how i can prevent this or how to avoid it?

Return to posts index

William Terrio
on Apr 12, 2015 at 1:52:03 pm

Sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant is that before and after the picture was taken, the clip was it's regular 3 frame length, and the keyframes are no longer stacked like they were for just the picture. So that is definitely not the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]