FORUMS: list search recent posts

"TV Look" Causing Strange Discoloration

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Jackson
"TV Look" Causing Strange Discoloration
on Apr 10, 2015 at 2:51:34 am

I'm having a strange experience with the "TV Look" effect.
The clip I'm applying the effect to is just a still image, with the primary color being blue. Rendering the video as a .mp4, .avi, and .wmv will cause the video to have what looks like a "yellow filter." When I view the individual frames for the video in Vegas itself, this discoloration doesn't appear. I don't think that this discoloration is supposed to be a feature because there doesn't appear to be any discoloration in the project preview within Vegas.
Any help would be amazing.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: "TV Look" Causing Strange Discoloration
on Apr 10, 2015 at 6:08:34 am

[Kevin Jackson] " Rendering the video as a .mp4, .avi, and .wmv will cause the video to have what looks like a "yellow filter.""
If you mean that the "yellow filter" makes for a yellow TINT to the video after render, then sorry Kevin I can't repro this Yellow? I've tried MP4 thru Handbrake and WMV.

No Yellow - this Preview in Windows Media Player:-

What are you using to View the Video?

What happens when you bring it back into Vegas?

Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Kevin Jackson
Re: "TV Look" Causing Strange Discoloration
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:39:04 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Jackson on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:40:27 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually closed Vegas and opened it again several times over several hours re-rendering and re-rendering and nothing changed except the discoloration was orange. Then, for no apparent reason, my renders didn't have the discoloration, and I've long since saved over the files showing the discoloration.

**I was using MPC to play the video and I never actually brought the discolored clips into Vegas to view them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]