FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 Audio in DVD Architect Studio 5

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Morello
5.1 Audio in DVD Architect Studio 5
on Apr 7, 2015 at 6:44:56 am

When trying to make a Blu-Ray DVD in DVD Architect Studio 5 my only options are "Stereo." But if I select a regular DVD, I get the option to select a 5.1 AC3 file as audio.

Is there a way to get the Blu-Ray to accept a 5.1 PCM wav file or 6 separate wave files for the 5.1 surround audio? Or do I need to upgrade to DVD Architect Pro in order to do this?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: 5.1 Audio in DVD Architect Studio 5
on Apr 7, 2015 at 11:55:18 am

[Al Morello] "Is there a way to get the Blu-Ray to accept a 5.1 PCM wav file or 6 separate wave files for the 5.1 surround audio? Or do I need to upgrade to DVD Architect Pro in order to do this?"
I'm guessing that this is Sony's way of getting you to upgrade. I don't have the Studio version and I couldn't find a comparison table on their web site but if the option is missing, it's probably a restriction of the Studio version.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
on Apr 7, 2015 at 1:04:31 pm

DVD A Studio 5 online (F1) Help:
"Audio format: ...choose a setting to indicate the format whether you want to use PCM Stereo audio, AC-3 Stereo audio, or AC-3 5.1-surround audio.
Only PCM Stereo audio is available for Blu-ray Disc projects."

DVD A Pro 5.2 and 6.0 online Help:
"Audio format: ...choose a setting to indicate the format whether you want to use PCM Stereo audio, AC-3 Stereo audio, or AC-3 5.1-surround audio."

You can burn from Vegas timeline with your 5.1 PCM to a disc without any menus.
Vegas Pro 13 (and MSP 13) online Help:
"Burning a Blu-ray Disc from the timeline: ...Wave64 (PCM) audio for Blu-ray Disc can use any of the following formats:
48 kHz, 16 or 24-bit, stereo or 5.1 surround (available only for 5.1 surround projects)
96 kHz, 16 or 24-bit, stereo or 5.1 surround (available only for 5.1 surround projects)."

Return to posts index

Al Morello
on Apr 7, 2015 at 7:15:34 pm

Thanks for the info!

Return to posts index

Marek Hicar
on Apr 9, 2017 at 11:54:03 pm

Hi, I am having a issue rendering AC-3 5.1 Surround in DVD Architect Pro 6, Project set for AC-3 5.1 to build Blu-ray disc. The player does not output any sound, only beeps.
Using Vegas Pro 13 video AVC Blue-ray video stream at 17 Mbps
Using Vegas Pro 13 audio ac3 5.1 and imported into DVD Architect 6.

DVD Architect Project is set to Audio 5.1 AC-3.

Any ideas to succeed with 5.1 Surround using DVD Architect?

Marek

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]