FORUMS: list search recent posts

error; render exceeds max file size

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin McCarthy
error; render exceeds max file size
on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:00:21 am

I am trying to render a 3hr 7 min audio file to a wav file to process in my external audio editor. I get a message that render exceeds max file size.

I have never seen this one before and I can't find anywhere to adjust limitations

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
Re: error; render exceeds max file size
on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:02:41 am

update the error says it exceeds the max limit for file type. I am trying to render to a 48k WAV file

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Apr 8, 2015 at 6:57:52 pm

Try outputting to Wav64, or segmenting the output, or use a compressor like AC3, MP4/MP3. File size limitation was one of the main reasons for WAV64.

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Apr 7, 2015 at 6:23:12 am

I am curious to know, from where did the file originate, how was it created?
Russ Froze

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Apr 7, 2015 at 1:44:28 pm

It is a file from an imported DVD and I usually have no problem qith this type of render from this source

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Apr 8, 2015 at 12:26:52 pm

[Kevin McCarthy] "render exceeds max file size"

Just out of curiosity, are your hard drives formatted to fat, fat32 or ntfs?

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Apr 8, 2015 at 1:37:50 pm

Yes drives are fine and nothing has changed except for the fact that I had just installed the latest update
Would that have re-set the time line length and if so how do I extend the time line length? I can't find that setting
I don't think this is the problem though as both audio and video are already on the time line and work well

Return to posts index

Kevin McCarthy
on Apr 8, 2015 at 6:07:49 pm

Still no solution. I tried to use the "open in external audio program" and it too says render exceed maximum file size for this format

Return to posts index

Russ Froze
on Apr 10, 2015 at 5:47:32 am

[Kevin McCarthy] "Still no solution. I tried to use the "open in external audio program" and it too says render exceed maximum file size for this format"

Well the only thing I can suggest is to do an analog transfer. Record it to the workstation or an external recorder.
Russ froze

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]